Saturday, January 26, 2013

Show Some Love!

My DT Sisters Brenda and Joanna are asking all of us to "Show Some Love," for the current challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and as always all of the Fashionettes have some incredible "works of love" to share.  Pop on over and have a look and then pull out your loving stamps and join in all the fun! 
Interesting thing about my card, which when I started I had Valentine Vintage on my mind!  While working with the Great Gatsby set at Artistic Outpost, I knew I would be using two of the characters sharing Valentine Love.  As I stamped the love birds on vanilla card stock in Coffee Archival and matted them on Chocolate brown, I thought a little gold edging would be nice and so it was done.  Actually the card base, and all panels as well as the bottles and hearts were all gold embossed.  Well onto what happened.  As I am looking at my two Gatsby characters, all set to go and the champagne bottles ready to be inked up, my idea for Vintage Valentine changed.  All I was seeing was a wedding card for a very special upcoming wedding, so the original plan changed.  Now I will redo this card for the actual event, because somehow this brilliant person managed to get some weird smudge on our gentleman groom.  Have not a clue, but hey, the second one should be quick!   Just a reminder that there is also a few days left to use your AO stamps and join in the January Referral Program.
With the scanner

This angle view shows some of the gold much better.  I had the most difficult time taking a photo of this card as you can tell by the photos.  The vanilla colors wanted to be white, the golds almost an olive color and the browns were somewhat off.  Used two different cameras, different times and lights.

Well come on and "Show Some Love" with us at FSC!  Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you are enjoying your creative journey! 

36 comments:

Netty said...

Gold embossing powder is always difficult to photograph unless you stand the card at an angle....hope this helps Terry. I love your romantic card. Hugs Annette x

Jane Wetzel said...

beautiful :)

wwilloww said...

Great card Terry! I love how it looks like a sepia photo!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your smitten couple- and love the gold embossing- so pretty with the browns!

Anonymous said...

Fab card Terry, love the gold embossing ! Sue C x

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a really beautiful piece, Terry! Hugs, Valerie

Ephemera said...

Hi Terry, this is SO STYLISH, the stamping speaks for itself, superb, I love the touch of gold embossing too. Have a great day. xx

Sharon said...

Wow Terry this is just amazing - love the images and colour theme!! Just fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful LOVE the gold!!

Redanne said...

Your card is beautiful with those little touches of gold - a wonderful theme too and fabulous images.

Pam said...

What fun images!!

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, they make a lovely couple.
Yvonne x

Linda Ledbetter said...

Gorgeous card, Terry! The gold really gives it that touch of elegance.

Claire said...

Hi Terry, this is just beautiful, love the warm sepia tones. Hope you're having a good weekend
Claire xx

2amscrapper said...

love your choice of stamps--beautiful card! I have those smudge issues upon occasion too!

Anonymous said...

I really should buy this stamp set as it is one of my all time favourite books.
Such a glorious card and so perfect for a wedding and I love the touch of gold.
Enjoy what remains of this Sunday.
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous card with great details.

Vada said...

Well Done GF!!!
I think I have this set of stamps? But what a wonderful idea, I would of never though of it. I do too, lean to the gold card. But both are striking! Have you check in on the weather up here in Wis? Sounds like it could get ugly by tomorrow. Oh well such is life. Take care, Hugs Vada

Unknown said...

There's such a fabulous roaring twenties feel about your creation Terry, so pretty!! They look like actual photos!! Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Lynn Stevens said...

What a sweet vintage valentine Terry. The hearts linking them together make the perfect finishing touch. Hey you were even able to pick up the gold shimmer in the photo. Yeah!!!!
Hugs Lynn

Brenda Brown said...

These two love birds look gorgeous together. You have created a wonderful card and the gold embossing is perfect for it.
Hope you've had a good weekend.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Marjie Kemper said...

Very elegant and romantic... the embossing is the perfect touch!

Fliss said...

I know just how hard it is to take pics of gold embossing Terry and can sympathise!
A stunning card and the vintage tones look gorgeous.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Terry, Gorgeous piece, I agree gold is always difficult to photograph, think it depends on the angle you place it to the light.
Hope this helps.
Avril xx

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Such a great couple on a beautiful card.

Sophie said...

Das sieht klasse aus :-)

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Love the old photo stamps (beautiful couple) and card. Lovely work as always! Hope you have a wonderful week m'dear!

Nancy

Jenny Marples said...

Such a vintage feel to this Terry. Thanks for the different views - as you say they show such different sides to your project. Hugs, Jenny x

Janny Jager said...

Great and beautiful card Terry.

Greetings Janny

Unknown said...

Those vintage images look great. I am loving your card my friend.

We got lots of rain this weekend. YEA!! How about you. Did you guys get some of the wet stuff..

Hugs~

Krisha said...

Love the vintage card. Yes it is so hard to get any metallic to show in a picture, but very well done!

JansArtyJunk said...

Gorgeous vintage sweetheart card Terry...beautiful stamps.
...and Thank you for hopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment...very much appreciated ...Jan x

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful no matter how you photograph it! ~Diane

trisha too said...

NICE, Terry--very vintage/elegant.

:)

Hettie said...

Great card there Terry. The gold embossing looks great and glad you put the extra photo on. I feel your pain with photos and computer screens. My recent layout is more burgundy in real life and on my PC but look more purple on my computer in work and this laptop!
Hugs
xx

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Terry, the gold looks so lush against these gorgeous images. Perfect harmony all over!
Dot x

Blog Archive