Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Love Is In The Air!

Welcome to January's Blog Hop at Artistic Outpost, which is all about Love or Valentine's Day!  How sweet is that and for more inspiration and just in time for the "day of love," please visit all of the design team as follows:  Don't forget to pull out those Artistic Outpost stamps and join in the January Referral Program, "Anything Goes Using Artistic Outpost Stamps."

Gerrie, Lisa, Sue, Tracy, Linda, Alison, Terry (me) Kate

For my first blog hop, I was inspired to use this lovely lady from the Flapper Fashions and frame her with a hanging banner using the Whimsical Melange collection.  I inked over my ivory card stock with Antique Linen to give a worn feel and after I embossed my background, I highlighted the raised areas using Tattered Rose and Festive Berry.  At this point I misted over the inked background and then heat set, distressed the edges and shaded with Vintage photo.  The banner was inked with Festive Berry and embossed as was the frame with a glitter/EP mix of mine in which I added a bit of gold.  The frame was stamped and I cut out the center and the background for my lady, was lightly inked with Tattered Rose.  She was stamped in Archival Coffee and I added color using an applicator.  You can't see this, but her earring, bracelets and necklace are all glittery thanks to Spica Glitter pens.  I made a little card for her to hand to a loved one!  Oh and I was so nervous using an Xacto Knife to cut out a finger to hold the card!  Yikes!  I did cut three frames (yes I did) and mounted this on dimensionals for added depth.
Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting me on my first every Blog Hop.  Have a wonderful day!

Stamps:  Artistic Outpost, Flapper Fashions, Whimsical Melange
Inks:  Archival Coffee, Distress Antique Linen, Festive Berry, Vintge Photo, Tattered Rose, VersaMark
Glitter/EP mix
Spica Glitter Pens, Clear, Red, Gold
Embossing Folder: Crafts Too, Vintage Flowers



45 comments:

CuddlyBunny said...

THAT is some amazing Xacto cutting my friend!

Loving your card, especially the perfectly aligned background embossing with the front frame! Wonderful!

Brenda Brown said...

Wonderful card Terry with gorgeous colours and main image, I just live that cute little card you made for her to hold, so clever.
Enjoy your week.
Hugs Brenda xox

Yvonne Garner said...

Very creative Terry! Great job!

Words and Pictures said...

So elegant and pretty - I love that little house stamp, but never remember to use it - thanks for the nudge! Gorgeous, romantic card...
Alison x

Valerie-Jael said...

This is sooooooooooooooo gorgeous, love the soft colours! Hugs, Valerie

Sophie said...

Wow, Terry...
die Karte ist wunderschön geworden.
Und wie romantisch du das Tag eingebettet hast, das gefällt mir großartig.
Eine super Idee.

xx

Karin said...

wow a gorgeous card, beautiful colors!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Terry, lovely romantic card . Love how you have framed the image and added the bunting. Tracy x

Sandra said...

such a lovely and romantic card, Terry! I love the colors you've used and what a pretty stamp! Hugs, Sandra

Suzanne C said...

Such an elegant valentine! Love the little valentine she is holding in her hand and that you have framed her with the house!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card, perfect for Valentine's day.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Very soft, feminine and oh so pretty GF, love how you've added/used all the various plates.

Vada said...

Outstanding Card Terry. Thanks so much for your help. You Rock!
Hugs Vada

lilscrappers said...

Wowzer, this is romantic! and finicky, lol....I love the dimension and the shape.

Lisa Somerville said...

Very classy! Love the added highlited embossing and combination of AO images you used!

Redanne said...

The stamped lady is lovely and the embossed frame around her is gorgeous. A very beautiful and elegant card. Anne x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is sensational, Terry - LOVE the colors, textures (especially your beautiful background) and that image is perfect for the hop theme. You rocked the first hop with AO - so happy to be designing alongside you again my friend.

Hugs,
Linda

Marjie Kemper said...

Love the brown and pink combo... such a romantic and sweet card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Terry, love how you've framed the image and the sweet little heart on her handbag ! Sue C x

Anonymous said...

My favourite era, she is a wonderful stamp and I love the cute banner and of course the touch of lace.
Such an elegant card with lots of lovely touches Terry.
Wishes
Lynne
P.S. You are so sweet for adding my Giveaway to your sidebar.

Unknown said...

Totally Gorgeous!! You are so very talented!!

Happy Crafting
Tracie

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your vintage card- love the image and the great banner you created, as well as the great background! Fun blog hop!

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous card Terry, Love the way you've framed the image, and giving her her own cards is a brilliant touch.
Avril xx

Jenny Marples said...

You dod a fantastic job with that knife Terry. Loving your colour choices too. Hugs, Jenny x

1CardCreator said...

Great job Terry, your work is always impeccable! Love the way you did the monotones with dimension to really make it pop! ~Diane

Unknown said...

What can I say but wow, this is totally classy, stylish and very elegant Terry!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Netty said...

ooooh so beautiful, Terry and loving the vintage look. This is one gorgeous card, Annette x

Meggymay said...

Wonderful project, its a real elegant image.
Yvonne

2amscrapper said...

The techniques and inking make this quite spectacular!

Debi said...

this is divine Terry :-) i love blog hops <3 Debi x

Late Blooming said...

Practice makes perfect and you made it. Thanks.

Kate Yetter said...

So pretty and feminine! I love the pinks. That embossing is fabulous!!

wwilloww said...

I love your card, it's gorgeous!!! Your attention to detail is exquisite... and inspiring!

Lynn Stevens said...

Such a lovely Valentine Terry. Very clever a Valentine in her hands.
I always forget about that banner stamp. I have a ATC swap coming up soon. I do think I'll have to pull it out for that one.
hugs Lynn

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous terry! Beautiful image and colours.

Michele said...

a gorgeous wonderful valentine! xo

Gaby Bee said...

The new year is over two weeks old, but I still wanted to stop by and wish you a Happy New Year!

Your card looks fantastic...perfect for Valentine's day.

Hugs
Gaby

Hettie said...

Oo Er Missus! This is gorgeous and you have been using my new favourite colour Festive Berry. Will have to try it with Tattered Rose too as yours looks fabulous Dah-Ling!
Hugs
xx

Sandi McLean said...

Fabulous card!!!

Candy C said...

Wow, Terry! Your card is lovely! I so love the distressed embossing in the background. It's beautifully done! That flapper lady image is wonderful! I can certainly understand why you were drawn to it! Beautifully colorized. The placement of the house stamp...love it! I also wanted to thank you for the lovely comments you've left on my blog. I appreciate them so much! <3 Candy

Janny Jager said...

Very creative and gorgeous Terry.
Love it.
Greetings Janny

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is stunning. What a lovely combination of the different stamp sets,

Lucy x

Unknown said...

Look at this.. I am loving everything about this gorgeous card.. Stay warm my friend.

Hugs~

Ephemera said...

Glorious stamping Terry, do so love the colour palette you have used, she is one elegant lady. xx

Alexa said...

This is such an elegant and stylish card Terry - love that little heart bunting! x

Blog Archive