Friday, January 18, 2013

Cupid at Work!

Happy Friday to all or whatever day of the week it may be when you read this!  I just love Friday's, because it means my hubby will be off for the weekend and no getting up at 4:30 AM!  Although, our Molly Dalmatian makes sure we are up before 6:00 AM, but that is OK!  With less than a month before Valentine's Day, I still need to work on a few "Sweet" things and here is the one I will give to the "love of my life."  Being this is for a man, I felt the need to take this to a more masculine state!
So where to begin!!  First I cut some arrows using a masking sheet from Tim's Love Struck die, placed them on the edges and inked with Distress and then did the Spritz and Flick technique.  Pulled off arrows and then stamped the "L" word all around the tag, after masking off the "Potion #9.  All stamps in this tag are from Artistic Outpost the "Apothecary" collection.  I love this set for Valentine's Day and have used in the past!  I crunched up some newsprint paper, highlighted the creases, flattened it, stamped the "Prescription" using Black Archival.  The bottle was stamped using Stazon Black on Shrink Plastic and the Love with Stazon Red, cut and baked.  After this was done, I used a silver Sharpie Pen on the backside and color where the liquid "Love" would be.  The cork was also inked on the reverse side using a tan marker.  Tim's wings were inked with Black Alcohol Ink as was the heart charms.  I placed the heart charms on double sided tape and filled the inside with Stickles.  After it dried, I place removed the tape backing and place it on my wings.  The labels were stamped and I used Chit Chat words.
I die cut a couple of hearts and clear embossed the smaller, heat set and then inked in red.  The next thing I did was to run a bead of Glossy Accents around the edge and sprinkled Black/Glass glitter, let it dry and then over the top, another layer of Glossy Accents.  I do this to keep the glitter in place and not all over.  Speaking of all over!!!!  When attempting to re-jar the glitter, Miss Klutzy over here, not only knocked the funnel over, but most of the container and right onto the carpeting!  I now need more Black/Glass Glitter!  Darn!  The movers and shapers Cupid is Tim's and he was inked with black soot and then embossed with Distress Black Soot Powder.   I was looking for a more rustic kind of cupid!
Did you have a look at the Artistic Outpost's Blog Hop for "Spreading a Little the Love," if not, just click the link and you can check out what the entire DT created.  It was such great fun and I was thrilled to be a part!
Don't forget to pull out those AO stamps and play along in the January Referral Program for a chance at a prize.  This is my tag from last year using the Apothecary stamps!

Many thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Stamps:  Artistic Outpost, Apothecary
Distress Inks:  Black Soot, Vintage Photo, Fired Brick
Stazon:  Black, Red
VersaMark embossing ink
Clear EP
Distress EP, Black Soot
Alcohol Ink:  Black
Glossy Accents
Black Glitter

41 comments:

Alexa said...

Lovely card - you've managed to get a masculine feel to it but still keep it true to the Valentine sentiment - not easy!! X

CuddlyBunny said...

Fantastic Valentine for your love Terry!

The apothecary elements are awesome!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous tag, perfect for Valentine's day.

Karin said...

gorgeous valentine tag! have a great weekend!

Netty said...

You got me singing Love Potion number 9, but cannot remember the rest of the words........dah.........
Terrific valentine for the man in your life. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

Jenny Marples said...

Just loving the details in this Terry. It's hard to do something male orientated for Valentines and you have nailed it here. Hugs, Jenny x

Brenda Brown said...

Steve's gonna love this Terry, what a brilliant tag, it's got that L word, but is not slushy and has lots of Valentine images to get the message across. Great job.
We've had 4 inches of SNOW today, so guess who stayed at home all day lol?
Have a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Ink Art Designs said...

Loooove this tag Terry, great colours for a male! Heaps of technique, but it all just blends together effortlessly.
Dot x

Hettie said...

Great card Terry and I am sure your Man will love it.
I had better get a wiggle on mine as we are away for the Day! Thanks for the inspiration.
xx

Debi said...

Terry, I so love this, especially the black angel wings , debi x

lilscrappers said...

I have that set! I like how you used it and made it guyish :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Fabulous, Terry. I love the background you created and the black cupid and hearts are really amazing - totally gorgeous. Wonderful piece of work.

Hugs,
Linda

Maria Ontiveros said...

Those wings are beautiful.
Rinda

Sharon said...

Wow this is great - love all the elements especially the wings and dark colours!

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh, T, that is my kind of cupid! I love everything you've done here... so many gorgeous layers. Bet your honey will love it too - no doubt!!

Krisha said...

Very clever and woderful results. Thanks for stopping by and leaving some luv!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely, masculine valentine! Great colours and style! Have a fun weekend, hugs, Valerie

Redanne said...

Everything about your tag is wonderful, lots of great techniques and so perfect for your man.

Words and Pictures said...

What a great masculine Valentine - I love the way you've used the stamp set, and the red and black is so vibrant!
Alison x

Vada said...

Wow Terry, what beautiful work (and a lot of it) on this tag... Love the bottle work! Such detail!!Stay warm, we have a ruff night coming our way. -5 windchils of 50mph. Cold!
Hugs Vada

cebelica said...

This is wonderful! I'm sure your sweetie will love it! Hugs! xx

Meggymay said...

Great tag for the man in your life.
Yvonne x

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous tag Terry! Clever how you used the double sided tape to get the Stickles to stick in the hearts too! ~Diane

Anonymous said...

A wonderful bold declaration of love.
Wonderful the way you extended the elements to overhang the tag's edges, always a favourite of mine.
Great sparkle.
Wishes
Lynne

Unknown said...

This is a fine combination of expressing love and adhering to the masculine character of your tag, too, Terry! Just gorgeous!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Sandi McLean said...

Clever, clever card! It is so hard to come up with the right card for our guys..:)

wwilloww said...

Ohhh I love your tag card. I think it is very sexy using black and red!!! He is going to love it...

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Saw this on facebook today and it is amazing! gorgeous details and LOVELY! No pea soup this way (Mom made it too much growing up) but brussel sprouts tonight -lol aren't you glad you asked?

Have a good weekend!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great Cupid and love the silver glitz around the heart- your hubby will love it! Love the images. Hehehe nothing like some loose glitter!

May said...

Gorgeous valentine tag, Brilliant detail & I love the background!! Your man will love it I'm sure... Hugs May x x x

Janny Jager said...

Great tag Terry and i love the combination of every detail on it.
Greetings Janny

Mrs.B said...

Great Valentine and it does have a very masculine feel to it, love the effect on the cupid and those wings.
Enjoy your weekend.
Avril xx

Sandra said...

what a terrific valentine's tag! Love the black and the red! Very cool that the wings have little hearts attachted to them! Hugs, Sandra

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous DT work! Love the wings...fun Valentine! Congrats on your AO DT as well!

Inkypinkycraft said...

erry this is gorgeous ,love the way you have combined colours here! Trace x

TexWisGirl said...

cute creations. :) made me crave chocolate. :)

thank you for stopping in at my place! really appreciate it! bless you!

2amscrapper said...

spilling the glitter is the kind of thing that I would do--glitter gets all over everything so what's a little more! wonderful masculine tag

Lisa Somerville said...

Fabulous Valentine tag! Love the added embellishments, and that apothecary bottle just pops!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous tag. Your hubby is going to love it. That reminds me I need to be creating something for my man. I am not to great at masculine creations. But you are pretty darn good at it. Wishing you a happy week.

Hugs~

Heather Jacob said...

wow Terry thanks for popping by my blog and for your beautiful words on my work ( mini book ).
your work is gorgeous love the striking rich colors x

Lynn Stevens said...

Ohhh the black wings and cupid are Wonderful!
hugs lynn

Blog Archive