We were all a little concerned after our wonderful 35 week run with the "Compendium of Curiosities." When the sweet and adorable Linda of Studio L3 suggested that this would not be the end, we were excited! I almost fell out of my chair, when this "Leader of the Pack" sent me an e-mail asking me to be a Guest Designer! I honored to be part of the launching of Grungy Monday with my friend Tracy and we were sworn to secrecy! I thought I might lose it and blab something, well actually I have lost it $$$ at Scrapbooking Made Simple. Stacey, as soon as she gets a whiff of anything "Tim Holtz" related, I have it nicely waiting for me in a bag. Thank you Stacey and the SMS girls for keeping me supplied!
Over the last couple of CCC's, I made reference to that being the best "Joy Ride" I had ever been on. So as luck would have it, the "Old Jalopy" was released. How sweet it is to know that our RIDE continues and what a JOY it is! This tag was made to celebrate day one of Grungy Monday! Thank you Linda for adopting all of us and devoting your time to us! Thank you Tim and Mario for just being!
week's lesson I used the "Joy" word and compass masks following steps 1 thru 14. Since I did two different colors, I had to be a little tricky. Also, I did layers of color with both the Perfect Pearls and Distress Inks, until I achieved the look I wanted. Started first with the lighter shades and then the darker shades. The Old Jalopy took as much time as the tag background, but I had a blast!!! This was cut out with grunge and then embossed with black. I used the same copper PP as in the tag, but also added some Distress Ink and painted a second time. The negative areas I colored darker with a marker, because I wanted to hide that part of the embossing. Next time, I will mask that off. I adorned my Jalopy with head lights! To the backside, I cut some acetate for windows and added the music strip tape. All the Jalopy parts were done in the same way, but then I used my embossing pen in areas to black emboss. I wanted just enough of the copper to show through as a highlight. The "Ride" letters were cut from Tim's paper, shaded and mounted. The crown was cut from Shrink Plastic and colored with alcohol inks. The flowers were colored using my PP mix. All areas were shaded using Vintage Photo Distress Ink!
Grungy Monday! Can't wait to visit all of your blogs and check out your grunginess! Thank you so much for stopping by and have a totally Grungy Monday!
Distress Inks: Dried Marigold, Rusty Hinge, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Vintage Photo, Emboss
Reinkers: Wild Honey, Tumbled Glass
Perfect Pearls: Heirloom Gold, Blue Patina, Perfect Copper
Moongate challenge mingle
4 hours ago