Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dress To Impress!

Happy Wednesday to you all!  It is my turn to post at Artistic Outpost, so I would love it if you would stop by there and say "Hello."   This will be my first time participating in a challenge at DragonsDream Tag It On.  I follow a couple of the DT members and when I saw the theme, oh how I knew this would be fun!  It gave me a great excuse to ink up my new Artistic Outpost "Secretary Pool" stamps and go with the the TIO "Dress To Impress" challenge.  A little bit about me and why I relate to the challenge and of course those fabulous stamps!  I was a Secretary/Office Manager and had to have nice clothes.  I learned to sew as a teenager and started making my own clothes and out of necessity as a 9:00 to 5:00 kind of gal, continued sewing.  Now onto the tag!
I love this stamp set and there are so many possibilities for making your own backgrounds with the images.  I seldom use designer paper, because I just have too much fun making backgrounds.  I took the Alphabet Block stamp and with Black Archival stamped to cover the tag and then heat set, before masking and inking on the various Distress Inks!  Pretty cool background!  For the yellow background tag, I just stamped the paper clip along the edge for a little interest!

The Typewriter, Phone, Pencils were stamped with Black Archival and clear embossed and shaded and yes, fussy cut and that includes the phone cord!  Yikes!  Used some pretty laces that Lynne had gifted to me to decorate the dress form.  Used Mustard Seed stain to color the ribbon. 

Hope you like my tag and please remember there is still time to join in Artistic Outpost's January Referral Program and it is "Anything Goes" using AO stamps!  Thank you so much for stopping by today and have a great week!

Stamps:  Artistic Outpost, Secretary Pool
Inks:  Distress, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey, Worn Lipstick, Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass, Squeezed Lemonade, Dusty Concord, Black Soot, Archival Black
Distress Stain:  Mustard Seed
Clear EP
Distress Marker:  Old Paper  

42 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Great tag, lovely dress, and wonderful stamps! Hugs, Valerie

Karin said...

Beautiful tag!

Sophie said...

Boaaah, das ist ein Spitzen-Tag!

Sharon said...

This is amazing Terry love all the elements!

Anonymous said...

You always impress us.
I was a Personal Secretary to a partner in a firm of lawyers so I can relate to the dressing to impress (or at least looking out best!).
Wonderful elements on your tag.
Enjoy the rest of this week.
Wishes
Lynne

Pam said...

Just love this tag!!! All the elements are perfect!!

Redanne said...

Fabulous tag, love how you brought all the elements together to tell your story. Really love this! Hugs, Anne x

2amscrapper said...

wow! amazing tag. love that dressform!

ElizabethR said...

Great tag that dress is Fab! Thanks for sharing with us at Dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love the bright color here on these vintage feel papers and the way you've dressed up your dressform...fabulous!

Jingle said...

GREAT tag!

Marjie Kemper said...

How fabulous, Terry! Love that alphabet stamp - I've never seen it before and you sure showcased it. Love all these layers, too!!

Janny Jager said...

Gorgeous and very beautiful tag Terry.
Love every detail.
Greetings Janny

Monique's art said...

This is amazing. Love the stamps used and the colours. Thanks for sharing at tii

SandeeNC said...

Gorgeous tag, and I love how you like to make your own background paper, that paper clip stamp is too cute! Thanks as alays for visiting my blog, waving hi from the windy and rainy hills of North Carolina ♥

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great to see your dream at Dragons Dream Tag It On :) Your tag looks fantastic, you've created a wonderful dress.

Netty said...

Loving this terrific tag Terry, it reminds me of the song 'working 9 til 5' by Dolly Parton and am sure she would love that dress. xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

I have not really looked much at this set- love the images you made your BG with- love the dress form with the frillies....Beautiful!

Vada said...

Amazing Tag GF!! Totaly Outstanding color and wonderful elements. You Rock Little Lady...
BTW, 9 inched of new snow and under all that snow 1/4 inch of ice. Oh The Love of Winter is Long and Cold today!! Making Chicken Soup today.
XOXOXO Vada

Ink Art Designs said...

An amazing tag Terry, with wonderful stamping and creativity. I have Dolly singing in my ears already!!! lol.
Dot x

Meggymay said...

Great tag, love all the layers and details.
Yvonne x

Unknown said...

How wonderful it must be to be able to make your own clothes, too, Terry. Wish I had learnt how to do that, I can sew straight lines though, LOL! Love your dress form tag, it's truly gorgeous!!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Sandra said...

Ohh this is one amazing tag, Terry!it has so many layers, and all the fuzzy cut stamps! Love the dress on the dress form! Magnificent! Hugs, Sandra

May said...

WOW... Fabulous story told on your tag... Brilliant take on the recipe..Love all the elements & that dress is Gorgeous.. Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream... Hugs May x x x

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely cracking tag, Terry - Love the bold colours with the alphabet stamp, and the black borders are so cool (but if you've been to AO you already know all that!!)
Alison xx

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous tag. I just love the look of that dress. And I also love the papers you used.

I also learn to sew in High School and made a lot of my own clothes.
Now I only sew on paper. :)

Hugs~

Kate Yetter said...

Oh so pretty! I love the various colors and the dress form. Its so romantic!

Michele said...

wow, what fabulous elements you've used. i love that dress. super great creation! xo

Brenda Brown said...

You certainly dressed this tag up my friend. The striped colours on the background really pop out and the wonderful stamps cut out are superb. I didn't know you could sew, I bet you even make up your own patterns.
Hope your week is going well.
Hugs Brenda xox

Yvonne Garner said...

You knocked this one out of the ball park Terry! Outstanding!

Micupoftea said...

Cute tag, like the typewriter! Enjoy the end of January~
SHawn

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun i adore this love that dress and those stamps are well just lush,stunning my friend a real work of art from a super talented lady hugs Cherylx

Cynthia Schelzig said...

I really like how you decorated the dress....a great tag!! Have a great day!!

Sue said...

WOW this is amazing Terry, I love the way you've inked up the typewriter letters. I so NEED this set lol. Thanks so much for joining us at Dragons Dream TIO xx

trisha too said...

Terry, this is a FABULOUS tag!!!

:)

Hettie said...

Fantabulous Terry. Love this tag. Great inspiration piece!
Hugs
xx

Alexa said...

A really exceptional tag - love the skirt on the manequin and the beautiful backgrounds you have created. It was definitely worth the effort and the cutting out Terry!! X

CuddlyBunny said...

Terry, I don't like this tag! I LOVE it! It's fun to read about your former life as a 9 to 5 girl, and see how it's brought you full circle artistically!

Gorgeous tag design!

Jenny Marples said...

Oh I love this Terry. It reminds me of a series called Mad Men. The dress fits in beautifully with the retro secretarial ephemera. Hugs, Jenny x

1CardCreator said...

How cute is this! Love how you put all these together, amazing! ~Diane

Keren Howell said...

Oh wow! So much detail, what a fab tag! xxx Keren

Mrs.B said...

So glad I didn't miss this one.
Fabulous tag, love 'her' dress and a great background.
Avril xx

Blog Archive