Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Under the Boardwalk!

Under the Boardwalk is exactly where I would like to be and so with a little help from Artistic Outpost and the Sound of the Sea, this girl is California Dreaming! OK, I hope this will help cool you down a bit if you are living in some heavy duty heat!! Before I start, AO is having a Dogs Day of Summer 20% off sale and it ends today, so best hurry up! All the details can be found by clicking the link.
First thing I did was to apply some DecoArt Traditions paints to a tag misted with water and then I sprinkled on some Color Bursts and further misted with water and let the colors run together by moving the tag. Once I had complete coverage, I misted a second jumbo tag and then swiped the original tag over this, used a baby wipe to blend and lift off excess.

To finish the background, I used Tim's Ray stencil and applied DecoArt Media Crackle Paint, wait a minute to let it set, removed the stencil and then quickly painted over the entire tag with the DA Crackle Paint. When it dried, I reapplied the stencil and inked over it with Salty Ocean, shaded in Black Soot and stamped the Beach Huts in Watering Can Archival.

The sentiment and sign were stamped in Black Archival and cut apart. The little beach goer was also stamped in Black Archival, fussy cut and watercolored using Distress Markers.
Your visit today and comments are very much appreciated and I hope you are having a wonderful finish to summer!

18 comments:

Sharon said...

Just beautiful Terry! Love the "rays" stencil in the background!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How beautiful- loving the colors you used and the rays from the embossing folder. The shells are a fun accent. I am singing the boardwalk song now..... : )

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful tag love the soft colours. Hugs, Valerie

Sophie said...

Wunder-wunderschön, Terry.
Es gibt so viel zu entdecken auf dem Tag.
Ein fantastischer Hintergrund und eine tolle Szene.
Ich bin ganz verliebt...

Herzlichst Sophie

Shirley said...

Back in the land of the living TT after one absolutely gorgeous holiday with all the family.

Before I trot off to see all that I have missed your tag is a stunner. Love the beach huts in the background and the quote. That song has stuck in my head though and I can't stop humming it.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Pam said...

Cute beach tag, love the sun ray!

Meggymay said...

Love your seaside tag Terry, the image is adorable.
Yvonne xx

Krisha said...

Beautiful tag Terry, love the little huts and the sun rays
...but now I'll be humming that tune the rest of the day...LOL

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, I should so like to be under the boardwalk - or maybe beside it because I could do with some sun - still grey and miserable here, a real dead loss of a summer so far! Still, your tag is a real bright spot - what lovely work with the DecoArt products to create the ocean background, and the stamps are charming.
Alison xx

Redanne said...

Like Alison, I would love to be under the boardwalk too, enjoying some sun which has been sadly lacking here! Your tag is so beautiful, I love the colours you chose for your background, the subtle crackling looks amazing and the sunrays look beautiful, they set the huts off perfectly. Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

Cocofolies said...

Hello Tracy,
I'm on holidays so I've not much time to see and comment even on my friends' blogs, but I opened AO post on the blog first quickly today and just looked at your tag... So beautiful!!! Love this tag and all your craft art works in general, just wanted to tell you and say a little hi!!! :) Until the next time, love Coco xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colours, there is a lovely dreamy quality to this pretty tag.
Wishes
Lynne

Deb said...

Wonderful tag Terry, your background is fab and what a sweet image, hope you get to do some California Dreaming soon! Deb xo

Unknown said...

Fabulous seaside tag, Terry!! I've been cooled off by just looking at this!! :) :) I just LOVE all of the crackly goodness you've layered over this scene!! Hope you're having a cooler weekend down there!! XOXO-Shari

Sandra said...

What a stunning tag, Terry! Love the color combo! They go so well together. Hugs, Sandra

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Gorgeous....and such great colours Terry!
Greetings, Alie :-)

Shelly Schmidt said...

love the soft colors and the rays I see in the BG plus the crackle. Great tag- Loving the step by step you added too. Hope you are staying cool- we are going to have a 70-80 degree week- Nice.... but the leaves are beginning to start changing...: (

Annie said...

What a beautiful Tag Terry and of course I am singing the song in my head, especially as I shall be board walking soon !!

The AO stamps look divine and i love the colour palette.

WE have had some nice days here recently but still not a great summer.

Sending you my best wishes and I hope we will be meeting soon

Huge hugs Annie xx

Blog Archive