Friday, August 14, 2015

Addicted to Rubber!

Happy Friday to all of you and I hope your weekend is fabulous! I have wanted to play along in Wendy Vecchi's Make Art Challenge and finally it happened. The theme for August is "Monochromatic" and I decided I would make a mini canvas, which I believe will become a magnet for these large magnetic boards that hold my movers and shapers. It would kind of break up the black! 
This started with taking Wendy's Art Part pocket watch and painting the back with white crackle paint and when dried, I inked over it with Tea Rose Archival and wiping off the excess with a paper towel. The PW frame was also painted with crackle and Tiger Lily Archival was applied to the dried cracks. The sentiment from Wendy was stamped using Tiger Lily as well. 
The canvas was inked over in Tea Rose and then Tiger Lily was applied through the Honey Comb stencil. To finish I applied tissue tape to the sides and a ribbon was dyed with Distress Wild Honey stain. 
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit! 

17 comments:

wendy vecchi said...

this is adorable!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I love monochromatic and this is lovely as is that fabulous crackle. Tracy x

Sharon said...

LOL that saying is fun!!!! Love this creation Terry!

Pam said...

Love this, and that sentiment!!

Julia Aston said...

Love this - and what a totally true sentiment - made me laugh Terry! I think I have this stamp set - have to go check.... wonderful colors - love the dots on the canvas - great monochromatic project!! Julia xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, love the colours and a great idea. Hugs, Valerie

Juliz Design Post said...

Oh Terry your sentiment made me smile and what amazing crackles and sunshine colours.
Julie x

Redanne said...

I just love your mini canvas, the colours you used are fabulous and the crackling is amazing. I love the sentiment too, how true is that! Hugs, Anne xx

Meggymay said...

Fabulous mini canvas Terry, the quote reminds me I have that set, must dig it out.
Yvonne xx

Deb said...

Wonderful mini canvas Terry and that sentiment is so true!

Caty said...

Gorgeous canvas Terry !!! I like very much the honey comb stencil!! fabulous colours!! Nice day ! big hugs. Caty.

Mrs.B said...

Love this canvas Terry, the colour and texture on the pocket watch is fabulous. It's a wonderful little quote.
Avril xx

Michele said...

rich gorgeous color! a beautiful make. xo

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE the orange!!! LOVE the design. So cool!!! I need to get going on mine.

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - what a fabulous sunshine glow to this, Terry, and that crackle is exquisite. Sharp, clean and beautiful - very Wendy-style! Glad you finally got to play along... seems an age since I've managed to play properly in any challenges.
Alison xx

Unknown said...

Darling, Terry! This is so much fun and I love the colors that you used--So happy and cheerful!! Good luck at the WV challenge!! XOXO-Shari

Jenny Marples said...

LOVE how this has come together and amen to that sentiment! Jenny x

Blog Archive