Saturday, November 23, 2013

Merry & Bright!

I hope you are all doing well and getting excited and ready for the Holidays. Sadly I am not a shopper, well except for crafty stuff. It sure would be much easier if my husband would start and then I would always know what to give him! OK, enough of my being silly! This tag/card was kind of a "Mystery" for me in a few ways and since Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge theme is "It's A Mystery," we are going over there for a visit!
So onto the mystery part of this! Not sure if my technique is a mystery, but what I was going to do with the tag after certainly was. It literally sat for several days as I had not a clue what I would do.
How it started is when my "Shatter" new Tim release arrived from Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique! I ordered this as soon as I saw it and yes I saw the spider webbing, which of course is so Halloween perfect, but I also saw breaking ice from when I lived in New York.
I also took inspiration from Tim's new blog post with the bells and word band. While the paint was wet on the bells and my snowflake brad, I sprinkled on some of that Rock Candy glitter. The plan was to also add some rubs as I saw a delightful card from Brenda, but I just did not know how that would work over all this crackled texture! I had already stamped and cut out the gentleman silhouette, which I knew he would be walking on ice!
So here is the scoop on the tags background. I placed the stencil over the tag and applied modeling paste, let it dry, then I applied Rock Candy Crackle. Once it dried, the fun with colors began.
After I was pleased with the colors, I diluted some Glossy accents with water and brushed this over the entire tag and sprinkled on a little RC glitter. Love that stuff and you will hardly ever hear me say that about glitter.
Sorry this was kind of photo heavy, but it was a process and I know many times I am nervous about using different products and mixing it up.
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment which always makes me happy! On a personal note, my daughter has opened an Etsy shop "Fraudess" for jewelry she creates. If you have some time and would like to take a look and give her suggestions that would be great! I know many of you have shops and would be better suited to give her ideas compared to me!

33 comments:

Ink Art Designs said...

OMG this background is scrumptious Terry!!!!!!
Dot x

Sharon said...

Wow amazing background! Fantastic tag/card Terry!

Debi said...

Terry, that is the most amazing background!! love it, Debi x

Michele said...

ooh-weee this is gorgeous Terry! the background is fabulous. i love the victorian fellow string across it. xo

Shirley said...

How this must sparkle TT. It looks like one of those cobwebs you see in the early morning with dew dripping from it. Great tag hunny.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Astrid Maclean said...

Terry this is stunning!!!! That backgrounds is absolutely amazing, LOVE IT!!!! I just got that stencil too, will simply have to give this a try, absolutely fab!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic tag, love your crackly, icy background! Hugs, Valerie

Redanne said...

You really have created the most fabulous background Terry, it really does look like cracked ice. Thank you so much for sharing, I really have to try this out! Hugs, Anne x

Unknown said...

Wow, what a fab texture! Great technique and a gorgeous tag! Chris xxx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great tag/card Terry...great details.
Have a nice Sunday, Alie :-)

Meggymay said...

Fantastic background Terry, its a super tag.
Yvonne

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW what an awesome mix of textured background, fantastic colors and other details, love it most.
Wish you a wonderful new week.
Big hugs Anja

Brenda Brown said...

Now that's what I call a textured background. Wonderful layers of products and colour combined to give such a stunning result. I just love how you have incorporated this stunning tag into a card.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Anonymous said...

The most amazing effect on your background, in fact it is sensational and love the way the gentleman appears to be walking on ice.
Wishes
Lynne

rachel said...

this looks absolutely amazing - I love the shatter and the colours - wonderful work - and thankyou for popping over to my blog! Hugs rachel xx

Evelyn Walter said...

Wooooooow! What a gorgeous backround!!! It´s really cracked ice! I´ll try to do this too. Thank´s for sharing!

Vada said...

Well Miss Terry, U must of been thinking of us here in Frozen WI, has we had that cool weather yesterday.. Was only 7 above here for Tim's big day in Madison... I'm sure he was "Frozen"... just like your tag!.. Beautiful work Missy!
Hugs Vada

Lynn Stevens said...

Terry, That is brilliant how you used the spider webbing as cracked ice! Awesome Christmas tag!
Hugs Lynn

P.s. now go do that Christmas shopping. hahaha

Mrs.B said...

WOW such an amazing background, LOVE it, so full of texture.
Love the whole concept of the tag/card.
Hope you're enjoying the weekend.
Avril xx

Mrs.B said...

WOW such an amazing background, LOVE it, so full of texture.
Love the whole concept of the tag/card.
Hope you're enjoying the weekend.
Avril xx

Ephemera said...

Hiya Terry, what a marvellous background, the crackle is stunning, so pretty. xx

Sandra said...

Wow, Terry! Your tag/card is amazing! Love that you used crackle paint with the spiderweb stencil! It really looks fabulous!Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow and wow again, Terry, your background is just fantastic. I love the colors and the gorgeous crackle and spark. The shatter stencil is perfect for that icy touch! And I had no idea you could dilute Glossy Accents with water. I always put it on straight from the bottle to glue on my glitter - that's for that tip!.

Hugs,
Linda

Hettie said...

Gorgeous tag Terry. Love that shattered effect! Great!
Hugs
xx

PetraB said...

The background is amazing, such a terrific tag.

Kate Yetter said...

I had to do a few takes when i saw this background. Its so fantastic! The color, texture and sparkle is so fun! I love it, Terry.

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely out of this world wonderful, Terry! That cracked ice looks completely amazing, and I love the Victorian gentleman risking life and limb to deliver his wreath! Just brilliant - thanks so much for showing us how you did it.
Alison xx

Unknown said...

What a fabulous tag my friend.. I have been missing from blogland for awhile and just trying to get caught up.. Hope all is well my friend..

BTW we have not had much rain at all here.. We are in what they call the rain shadow. But even in Portland my daughter says they haven't gotten much either. So far I am loving the weather. But I am sure that will change. The weather that is. :)

1CardCreator said...

Wow, I really really love this Terry! You totally outdid yourself on this one! I have no idea how you mix all those potions but it looks absolutely perfect! Happy Thanksgiving! ~Diane

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wondeful creation, love the background - it's fantastic.

Dianne said...

OH MY GOODNESS this freaking fantastic, it's so creative, gorgeous and different,that creative mind of your was working over time, the broken ice,BRILLIANT, the layer behind all snowy is beautiful, the bell and bow, GORGEOUS, love how you made the sentiment, that silhouette, excellent fussy cutting, and I love that image, thank you for all the photo's of your process,it's on of my favorite tags I've seen this year.. Ah your daughter is a talented artist too, I wish her the best of luck with it, if she is anything like her Mom she will do FINE.. Have a great day.. ((( BIG HUGS )))..

Dianne said...

WOW Miss Terry I was just over at your daughters shop, her jewelry is gorgeous, a unique style all her own, she has show cased them all beautiful,I posted her shop on my FB page, not that I get a lot of traffic :O), I love to share beautiful art work there. The talent does run in the family, being able to share your creativity with her is a wonderful thing...

Jenny Marples said...

Seriously NEED to try out this cracked technique Terry. This is utterly inspiring! You have totally nailed cracked ice. Jenny x

Blog Archive