Thursday, November 14, 2013

Let It Snow!

Hope you all are doing well and getting ready for the upcoming Holidays! Hence is why I decided to go with a Christmas theme for Tim's November 12 Tags of 2013! And normally I would use all or mostly "Tim" products and stamps, but since Artist Outpost came out with the Christmas Chalk line in September, it just seemed like a natural fit to me! Not to mention Artistic Outpost is having a 15% off sale until November 18th, so stock up and use code November2013.
I followed the guidelines from Tim for the most part for the chalking technique.
I inked and chalked the frame from Christmas Chalk and then the little cottage scene from MidWinter, which I did mask off a little at each side to fit inside the framed area before inking with clear embossing ink.
And has the title of my blog posts states! This was stamped on white, shaded with black and layered up on black and green and I added foam underneath for a little extra dimension! Oh and of course a little extra chalk here and there. The snowflakes at the top are from Chalk It Up.

Enjoy the rest of your day or evening and as always, I deeply appreciate your visits! And if you have some of those fabby AO stamps, join in the November Referral Program!

22 comments:

2amscrapper said...

this looks great and I need to learn that technique!

Netty said...

love the beautiful scene you have created, Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

PetraB said...

a great technique and a wonderful result

Lynn Stevens said...

Gotta chalk this one up Terry, great tag. You aced this one!!

I seem to be falling further and further behind. Thank you so much for posting my giveaway. Your the best!
Hugs Lynn

Michele said...

oh wow i am in love with this! so effective! xo

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous design here Terry, love the chalkboard effects you have achieved with a great composition and beautiful snow scene. Happy Friday.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful tag, love the black and white! Valerie

Shirley said...

Beautiful use of the chalk technique TT, love those stamps and especially the colour scheme used.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Words and Pictures said...

A very natural fit, and a perfectly gorgeous tag, Terry! I love that little cottage in chalk - just lovely!
Alison xx

Redanne said...

Love the fabulous stamps and your tag is amazing! Love it. Hugs, Anne x

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous ! Love the green with the black - great touch!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous, you are so clever how you use the inks and techniques for a stunning effect! ~Diane

Lucy Edmondson said...

I love your snowy scene!

Lucy x

Krisha said...

Very well done Terry! Love the color combo and the scene your created.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great chalk card Terry!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a wonderful take on Tim's tag, gorgeous image.
Mine is still on my to-to-list.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I sure love the technique- and LOVE the pop of color! Wonderful card!

Unknown said...

Fab! Love the colour contrast between the black and teal. A great tag! Chris xxx

Electra said...

This is wonderful. I especially like how you have done your title. Gorgeous!

Dianne said...

Oh man I looooove this tag, the B&W with that gorgeous blue just stunning, love the ribbon you used fabulous tag Miss Terry, thanks for sharing..

Christine Kiehl said...

Far out! Thanks for taking the time to share!

Sharon said...

Great tag love the colour scheme!

Blog Archive