Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Lighting the Way!

My DT Sister, Rebecca has asked us to use "Light in the Darkness" at Frilly and Funkie.  Even though Linda has temporarily closed down her little boutique, there is still a $25 gift certificate that can be used upon her reopening, so come on over and shed some light!  For more details and illuminated inspiration from the DT, stop on by Frilly and Funkie!
The entire background for my Light House is using Tim's, "Ink Palette: Distress" technique for CC2C #31 as instructed by that lovely lady at Studio L3.   Linda is just amazing and so sweet to devote her time to us each week and she even holds down a real job!  What a gal! 

Do you not love that background stamp???  It is from Stampendous and I have to tell you, it is gorgeous!  Actually it was pretty time consuming to color in each leaf and Poinsettia bract/petal, but worth it.  After I finished with the technique, I antiqued it using Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo for the distressed paper edges.  The Holly/Berries were colored with Bundled Sage and Worn Lipstick stain and then Stickled with Yellow and Xmas Red.  The grunge paper cut Lamp Post was colored with Black Distress stain, scrapped up with scissors and then inked over with Frayed Burlap and then clear embossed.  I added some highlights using the Bronze Metallic Distress Stain.  My glass is Yellow stickles and Glossy Accents layered between two pieces of waxed paper and then cut to size.  Did a little Yellow Stickles garland.  I also glazed over the poinsettia with a mix of Rock Candy Stickles and water, to just give the red a little extra sheen. 

Hope you are having a wonderful week!  Thank you so much for stopping by!

38 comments:

Caroline said...

Beautiful card love the design and the colours are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Sharon said...

Terry this is beautiful!

Lucy Edmondson said...

What a beautiful card, Terry!

Lucy x

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful tag, great stamping and choice of colours! Hugs, Valerie

Pam said...

Gorgeous card Terry! Love your shiny lampost!!

2amscrapper said...

This is so regal looking, Terry!

Jingle said...

Very pretty card! Love that you used that great Stampendous! stamp! :) I pinned it to our Stampendous! DT Goes Surfing board to share with others! :)

LindaS said...

Amazing coloring and card. Gorgeous details on the lamp. I really like how you made the "glass"

Netty said...

Terrific card, loving everything about it. xx

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful card, Terry! Love how you did the ticket on the tag - it looks FAB! And the black metal brads look like part of the actual lamp post. Terrific idea!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This card is gorgeous! I'm pinning it! Love the poinsettia mottif! Gorgeously colored as well!

Karin said...

wow what a beautiful card, love it!

Unknown said...

Oh this is really super cool Terry! Such warm, rich colours and beautiful embellies, perfect for Christmas! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, Terry, what a gorgeous piece this is. I am absolutely drooling over the background stamp. It has such a beautiful vintage look to it and your coloring and sponging is sensational. Really, it has me drooling. Fantastic inspiration piece for our visitors this week!

Hugs,
Linda

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, Terry, what a gorgeous piece this is. I am absolutely drooling over the background stamp. It has such a beautiful vintage look to it and your coloring and sponging is sensational. Really, it has me drooling. Fantastic inspiration piece for our visitors this week!

Hugs,
Linda

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Terry, such a gorgeous stamp! Love all the colouring, it is so worth it for such a great effect!!!

Janny Jager said...

Great and beautiful card Terry.

Greetings Janny

Words and Pictures said...

Wonderful decorated lamppost - love this, Terry!
Alison x

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous card, love the details and of course that lamp post.
Yvonne x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Just a wonderful creation, great background and details.

Hettie said...

Great piece Terry. I do love that lamp post die...it reminds me of Prague!
Hugs
xx

Debi said...

like i said on fb - this is Gorgeous Terry :-) so christmassy, Debi x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous! I LOVE the background image- WOW! Your colors are outstanding!

Krisha said...

Just stunning Terry!!

Michele said...

oh so pretty and total holiday glamour! xo

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning Vintage holiday card - love the poinsettia background!

Unknown said...

WOW.. That background is amazing. I just LOVE it. Beautiful work here my friend.

Hugs~

Brenda Brown said...

Oh my this is just full of wondrous colour and techniques. The poinsettias are gorgeous, painted beautifully and a perfect backdrop for the lamp. A glorious piece my friend.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Alexa said...

All that time spent colouring was definitely worth it and what a great stamp! Hope the recipient appreciates it!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

amazing! the colors and images are gorgeous. that is one beautiful piece my pea loving friend! ;)
Happy week to you! from brrrrrr Michigan!

Vada said...

Oh My Terry, This is sooo Beautiful!!! Yes I too, do love that background stamp. Guess I better get down to Madison and see if I can find one.
Just love your card!
Hugs Vada

Carol W. said...

So beautiful! Love the light and that background stamp is awesome! thank you for sharing

Connie Lutz said...

You're right - great background stamp and a very lovely card!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous Terry, so many wonderful elements here too, I just love all the different textures you added in.

Electra said...

There are so many wonderful treasures in this, Terry! Gorgeous!

Netty said...

wow Terry its totally stunning and the background stamp is amazing, xx

CuddlyBunny said...

Gorgeous piece, and I'm enthralled with the "glass" in your lamp! I've been coloring plastic with alcohol ink then mounting it behind, but your stickle/glossy accent technique is so much better!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Terry, I agree the background is stunning ! Sue C x

Blog Archive