Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Kraft and Twine

Once again it is the Funkie DT turn at Frilly and Funkie and the current challenge is Kraft and Twine.   Please stop by Frilly and Funkie for more inspiration from both the Frilly and Funkie side and for all the details.  There will be a random draw prize of $15 to the Funkie Junkie Boutique for one lucky challenge taker and a Funkie Favorite badge to display for another!  Come on and join in!
For my tag, I started with the jumbo size manila tag!  I wanted room to spread out and this is such a great size for that.  I first stamped a few images from Tim's Haberdashery collection used clear embossing ink and clear powder, to later be removed via the iron.  I then placed my Dylusions stencil over the tag and sponged in the Dylusions Ink Spray color, yes I wanted to control my spray.   Moved the stencil around the tag to make a border.  Once dried, I then applied Distress Inks, stamped more images with Red and Brown Stazon.  The buttons were die cut and also sprayed with Dylusions and tied with twine.  The dress form after cut was inked with Vintage Photo on the side and over the raised areas of the corrugated cardboard.  I will also link this up to Simon Says Stamp and Show Some Texture

Many thanks for stopping by today and I sure hope you will join in all the fun at Frilly and Funkie!

28 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely tag! Valerie

Netty said...

Loving the soft colours you've used and the fab design Terry, xx

Jenny Marples said...

Loving this Terry. Always get excited to see your posts on Blogger as you share such fab projects. Hugs, Buttons x

Marjie Kemper said...

Terry, I love the way you used the stencil across the bottom with the vivid color... such a cool contrast! The dress form is fab in the cor-cardboard, too. Beautiful tag!

Jingle said...

This is gorgeous! I love the corrugated cardboard!

Pam said...

Just love that background! Awesome tag!

1CardCreator said...

Love this Terry, those antique scissors are gorgeous as with the corrugated dress form.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love the batik effect, and your colors are yummy!
rinda

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love this Terry! I love all the different colors throughout highlighting the dressform...very stunning!

Carol W. said...

Beautiful tag, love the inking and colors. TFS

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Sensational job on the background of the tag. Love all the embossing and stenciling and how great to see a different way to use the Dylusions sprays - I like the more subtle colors you achieved that way. Love those corrugated buttons and that tiny twine bow at the top. Super interpretation of our kraft and twine challenge!

Hugs,
Linda

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great tag, the dress form out of corrugated cardboards looks wonderful.

Unknown said...

Such a cool tag this is Terry! Love your wonderfully coloured background and those fine layers/masking, awesome creation! Love those scissors, cute!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This works so well with the layers of embossing and stencils and ink! Love it!

Lucy x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous layers, textures and colours Terry. There is such a depth to the background.
hugs {brenda} xox

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Lovely tag Terry, great soft tones on the background.

greetings, Alie :-)

Meggymay said...

Great tag, love the corrogated dress form .
Yvonne x

Sandra said...

Loving this tag, the background is amazing and loving the cardboard die cuts!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Super tag! I love the texture you added with the corrugated cardboard...and the faux batik technique is awesome. Everything works...not one thing missing, not one item too many... Perfect!

Shelley said...

Oh, I really like this one Terry!!
Colorful but subdued and the dressform on corrugated cardboard is wonderful!

2amscrapper said...

Love your tag and will work on my entry! Now you have me thinking about vertical storage of ink pads--perhaps if I keep rotating them? I'll let you know Do I remember seeing them displayed vertically in the store? Food for thought for sure...

Unknown said...

Well my friend what a wonderful tag you have created. I LOVE it.. It's SEW perfect.. Sorry I couldn't help myself..

Hugs~

Candy C said...

Hi Terry! I really like your wonderful dress form tag! Love the masking of the dress form. That really makes it stand out against the lovely background you've created. I also really like the corrugated larger dress form that you've used as the focal point of your tag! Love it all! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Karin said...

lovely tag!

Mrs.B said...

Hi Terry, Love the colours you have used and the stencil border is a great touch. Great texture with the corrugated cardboard.
Have a great weekend.
Avril xx

Sharon said...

Great tag - I love the colours and the dress form!!

Lisa said...

great masking technique, love the corrugated dress form...great way to add texture for sure. awesome

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab tag! Love the added resist with the colorful background!

Blog Archive