Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Internet Issues!

Hello to all of you and I hope you are having a great start to May! I just wanted to let you know that I am not actually MIA, but my Internet is!!
I apologize for not visiting very much at all, but our Internet Service Provider is not doing their job very well at all! About 2 months ago we had phone issues and then slowing of the Internet. Verizon came out and gave a little bit of a fix and then left! Again this same issue started with the phone line about two weeks ago. I mean so bad that I cannot even use the land-line phone, so again a phone repair person was sent. He verified that it is not on our end, but theirs and that it is not the wiring and in fact is the cable that runs underground! The next day they sent out a cable-man and he did another quick fix and said someone would be out during the following week. We did verify that we would not be home and was told that was not an issue as it is not on our end. Well they left! And just for fun, again they sent the same phone repairman from almost two weeks ago our yesterday! He said he already told them that it is the CABLE! So we wait again and of course they were supposed to be out earlier and Steve called and was told he is having lots of work (DUH) and will be out at 1:00 and the fact it is now almost 3:00 PM, I have this feeling nothing will happen. Now tomorrow we won't be home as we are meeting up with that most lovely Brenda and her hubby, Ken!

My Internet service is really slow as you might imagine and it can take a good five minutes for a blog to load up, you know we do have lots of good pictures on our blogs! Well I am not a very patient person and when I wait and then it breaks up, I kind of give up. The extreme noise on the line is just not allowing full transmission of data! Even trying to photo edit pictures is a real well, I will keep this clean! Please understand that I am trying to get around, but it is next to impossible with this incredibly slow Internet and then failures thrown in for fun! As soon as I can, I will resume my lovely visits with your blogs and will try to visit while this is going on! I wonder what will happen if they have to pull the cable???

We went to Portland for a few days and it was so lovely with all the blooming flowers and trees and my poor hubby with all his allergy issues did not enjoy the beauty as much as I did! I saw one house that had Red Iceland Poppies that stood a good 3 feet tall!!! What a breathtaking eyeful that was! Well today I am sending you all a rose from my garden and hope that Spring has found you! Hugs to all and will catch up soon!

12 comments:

Pam said...

Sorry to hear of your internet troubles! Hope they get it fixed soon for you!! Lovely roses too!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Not good, hope they get it fixed soon! Hugs, Valerie

Shirley said...

A very sad tale of woe which I know we have all related to at some time or another TT. Really hope they sort it for you soon. I too am not a patient person with crafting yes but with a slow internet definitely a no no.

Tell them Shirl will be out there to sort them out if they don't do something about it soon lol x x

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Good luck with all the cable issues!

Pamellia said...

I think we have all had some internet issues at one time or another. Hope you can hammer it out soon. hugs :)

Redanne said...

So sorry that you are having internet issues, hope they get sorted our really soon. Thank you for sharing the flower photograph, it is so beautiful!

I hope you are having a great day today are are being spoiled.... Big hugs, Anne xx

Jac said...

hope you get sorted soon x

Deb said...

Sorry for your connection problems Terry, it is so frustrating! Have a wonderful visit with Brenda and hopefully all will be fixed up very soon.

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Oh hun how frustrating for you hope you get it sorted soon hugs cheryl xxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Hope you had a fab Mother's Day. Oh, bet those Poppies were a sight!!! I also suffer pretty badly from allergies- shots, Allegra, Nettipot, inhalers- have to pack a bag just for the meds when I travel.... Hope you get the internet issues ironed out soon!

Words and Pictures said...

Such a huge frustration for you... wishing you lots of luck with getting it sorted! What glorious roses though!
Alison xx

Unknown said...

It is frustrating when one problem could affect lot of stuff, and I think the phone and internet being down is something that qualifies as that. Anyway, I hope that you were able to have them fixed soon after. Thanks for sharing!


Jannette Britt @ T Link Broadband Services

Blog Archive