Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ravens and Stripes, Oh My!

Mr. Dapper Bones and Pet Raven are going a Haunting at Gingersnap Creations GC123 "Ravens" and Simon Says Stamp and Show some "Stripes" and Anything Goes "To The Letter." Yes this took more than 10 minutes!  All stamps are from Artistic Outpost's "Haunted Halloween" collection. 
So here is what the little voices were telling me what to do!  What the voices don't speak to you??  Well come times I have the Molly voice screaming at me to get her lunch and she really does scream!  Back seven years ago when we first rescued her, one day I heard this horrific scream and ran to see what was wrong!  I never knew a dog could actual scream!  OK, back to the business of ghoulish details!  Using my Stampin Up "tasteful trim" Sizzix die, I cut the rick rack from 3M Safe Release tape.  This works very well and is safe!  I added masked stripes across the tag and pressed down to secure.  I then used several shades of Distress Inks, covered with clear embossing powder, removed the mask pieces and then heat embossed.  The masked areas were covered with Black soot, wiped off the excess and then did the Batik technique.  Bones and Raven were inked with Black Archival, heat set and then I colored open areas with Distress Inks.  The little tag topper and sentiment were stamped in Black Craft, clear emboss powder and then heat set.  I added Distress Inks to these.  A little trim and tiny skull for finishing!   I could have just stamped Bones and Raven on the tag, but I really wanted a little dimension, even on a mostly flat tag!  The tag was backed with black and then distressed! 

Just a reminder for any of you who use Artistic Outpost stamps, each month they have a referral program and there is a prize!  We love prizes!! 

Well I can't believe that tomorrow is Friday!  Hope you all are having a great week and even a better weekend!  Thank you so much for stopping by!

38 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

I LIKE that idea - great take!

Netty said...

Loving your great tag, smashing design and colours, plus I adore that little skull, terrific touch. Have a great weekend, Annette x

Maria Ontiveros said...

Really fun! I love how purple has become a Halloween color! And the zig-zags are great.
Rinda

Shelly Schmidt said...

What an awesome tag Terry! I love the colors- love the zig zag and the raven and skeleton are awesome- I want all of the AO stamps in the store........

BarbaraW said...

Love your fab tag. That skeleton is my all time favorite skeleton and he works well with the raven. The zig zag stripes give a real feeling of spookiness.

Marjie Kemper said...

It's wonderful, Terry! I love how your blended inks work together on the whole tag and then look different when you look at them as the single horizontal panels. And I'm with everyone else on loving the skeleton!

Lynn Stevens said...

What a great idea using the tape in a zig zag as a mask, you clever girl you! I can tell it took way longer than ten minutes!
Awesome Halloween tag Terry!
hugs Lynn

Sandi McLean said...

Terrific Tag Terry! Ha couldn't help myself :) Thanks for sharing all of the steps ..

Debi said...

Love the colors and the stripes, really cool tag terry, debi x

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab Halloween tag - love the added zig zag and colors!

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just brilliant just love the design and colors you have used and the zig zags are great just love this hun,and its perfect too for our challenge over at anything goes too,hugs cherylxxx

Sharon said...

Fantastic tag Terry! The striped zig zag effect looks great and I love the colours and the "cute but spooky" images!!!

busymartha said...

Such a sweet tag! Love your skeleton!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your hauntingly beautiful tag! Valerie

Sue said...

What a "haunting" tag!!Love it!

Debbie said...

Love that skeleton! How classy is he?! Fabulous tag Terry! Love that rikrak ribbon! Awesome!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is terrific, Terry. Love everything about it,

Lucy x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous tag, and such a lot of work! And those zig-zags look like teeth about to bite, lol.xx

Unknown said...

Ha ha, I love this tag Terry! Looks like your guy has been haunting for a loooooooong loooooooong time, lol! Great colours, too! Totally Halloween. Have a great weekend, Ira

Gaynor Greaves said...

Gorgeous, thanks for sharing with us at Anything goes challenge, Hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

Jingle said...

Absolutely fabulous tag!

Crafting Queen said...

Super tag, love the colours.

Sherry said...

Great tag Terry and I love the colour combination you've used too. After your comment on my blog about the ten minute challenge, I'm thinking - still thinking, maybe I will try to come up with something now - lol xx

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous stripy, spooky tag Terry. I love the skeleton and raven and the Halloween colours.
Is Mollie practicing for Halloween too?
Have a great weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

trisha too said...

Great tag, Terry!!

:)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

The colors in the background are beautiful, but the zig zags add some fun interest to the piece too!! Also, cute skeleton!! : )

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
-Sarah

For more chances to win:
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter!
*Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook!

Jean Franks Beck said...

A fabulous tag! Love the wonderful background and the zig-zag strips. And I love AO stamps, too! Thanks for sharing with Gingersnap Creations!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous tag hon!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fantastic tag, love the zig-zag strips.

Meggymay said...

Super tag Terry, love those stamps and colours. Yvonne x

Jan Hennings said...

Ignore the voices..they will go away! LOL! Love this tag!

Dani Cristina said...

Eu amei o resultado.
Gostei das cores.
Beijos e bom fim de semana!

Michele said...

super stylish Terry! wonderful color and design. fabulous piece. xo

Astrid Maclean said...

A hauntingly beautiful tag and thanks for the description of how you did it!

Laura said...

Fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing this haunting tag with us at Gingers.

ellen vargo designs said...

Love your zigzag stripes - that Halloween card is awesome! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Ellen :)

Steph said...

What a great project. Love the blended colours and the zig zags are very clever! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

Lisa said...

Great tag, and Funny story about Molly! I sure didn't know dogs could scream. LOL Thanks for checking out my YouTube video. I appreciate your comments. Thank you so much.

You'll get a kick out of this...my van is a 1998 too. LOL. It's still runnin' so far & I too love saving the payment. =)

Blog Archive