Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Primary Colors, Buttons and a Thank You!

Gingersnap Creations GC116 is Primary Colors, which originally this was to be used for "Gal Pals," but changed my mind!  Lisa's Bloggers Challenge is looking for "Buttons" and I really thought the button add on worked quite well for an embellishment. 
I was so darn excited when my new Artistic Outpost stamps arrived in the mail and finally got to play!  Last month I won the August referral program, so I ended up with six incredible sets!  The stamps I used are from Typography, Whimsical Melange, Ephemeral Backgrounds and Birds of a Feather.  I found that the little girls just fit in this adorable little framed image, which both were stamped with Stazon Timber Brown.  I then used markers to color the girls, masked and then added distressed inks.  The sentiment and frame are both mounted on dimensionals.  The background was colored with Distressed Inks, Glimmer Mist and then stamped.
My sweet blogger friend, Cindy Adkins of Whimsical Musings, sent me this adorable and lovely card!  Can you believe she did this just to say hi??  She even added a little "T."  By the way, Cindy, has started a new blog Girls' Club for those who love Shabby Chic and a lovely GIVEAWAY at Whimsical Musings.  Thank you so much, Cindy for thinking of me and I love this card!

Well I have been busy!  We got the rest of our replacement windows installed and love them, but they seem so difficult to keep clean!  I don't know if it is the Low E glass or what!  Still need to figure out doors!  The magnet truck was appreciated and is on a soda machine in "Dent Repair" shop!  Hope you all are having a wonderful week!  I so appreciate your visits, because I know we all are needing that extra time in a day!

Inks:  Stazon Timber Brown, Distress Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire, Fired Brick, Vintage Photo, Versamark and Clear EP
Stampin Up Markers, Blush Blossom, Creamy Caramel, Barely Banana, Bordering Blue, Real Red

35 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Terry,

Oh my gosh-I love the piece you made--it is totally gorgeous, my friend! and I'm so glad you're making awesome progress on the house--what a great feeling. Thank you so much for sharing my card--you are unreal!
Love & hugs,
Cindy

Willy said...

Lovely and wonderful piece, Terry!

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely images. I don't know how you managed to make primary colours subtle, but you did it and it looks fantastic! Beautiful work :-)

Meggymay said...

Fantastic piece, love the image. Yvonne x

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card and wonderful, subdued colours. Great card from Cindy, too - she really is a sweetie! Valerie

Shelly Hickox said...

Love the way you've combined these sets - gorgeous card!!

Sharon said...

I love your primary colours card Terry - the red/blue/yellow are so soft looking and the little girls image is gorgeous! The buttons do finish it off!!
I love the card you received from Cindy too!!

cheryl said...

oh hun,your piece is just totally gorgeous,the detail in this is amazing just love it,hun,love what cindy sent you too hun love hugs cherylxxxxxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

You've created a wonderful card, the background looks fab and the image is lovely.
Lucky you - Cindy's card is fantastic.

Netty said...

Beautiful, Beautiful card Terry, loving that inner frame and the beautifully coloured stamp.....did I say it was beautiful.......lol

Smashing card from lovely Cindy. Glad all is going well on the homefront. Annette x

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Adorable card. Very nice. Thanks also for the sweet comments on my blog today. ( - :

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh la la- I love the AO sets you won/used- lucky you!!! Beautiful technique and I love the pretty effect you achieved with the colors. Great look with the buttons!

Jan Hennings said...

What beautiful creations and what a sweet card Cindy sent you :) We have been doing some home repairs, too, including 6 new windows...be glad when it's done!

Deb (dcorder) said...

This is so adorable. I love that image. Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations.

Sherry said...

All those new AO stamps sound fab!
Love your new piece, the muted background is great. Good luck with getting your new windows clean xx

Anonymous said...

Terry
I like how you used the Primary colours in more subtle hues which adds a sense of the pretty to this card. That stamp is so perfect for the challenge theme.
Cindy is a star. How she finds the time to do all that she does to support her fellow crafters and create gifts that are for no reason other than to say Hi and makes us all feel very special.
Thanks for sharing.
Wishes
Lynne

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Terry
both of your cards are gorgeous! I love how you used the primary colors on the first! awesome! Hope you have a wonderful weekend (yes...I am starting early)! :)

Pam said...

Great card Terry! Those are fabulous stamps, and love the background you made. What a special card from Cindy!
Pam

Georgie Horn said...

Hi Terry, Your tag is beautiful! Could you tell me a little about your blog hop linkie you have going on.

Basement Stamper said...

Love the primary colors on this one with the adorable image. Thanks for playing with us at blogger's challenge this week!

Lisa said...

Those girls are adorable on your card. And how nice to receive a nice hello from a friend with a sweet card. Hope you're having a good day -- we're rained in today (which I love!).

Anonymous said...

Stunning cards! Beautifully designed!

Unknown said...

Awesome creation my friend. I love it..

Hugs, Linda

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab combination of AO images! The sweet sisters look wonderful in the Whimsical Melange house! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Lynn Stevens said...

Fabulous job with the Artistic Outpost stamps. Terry you need to apply for the design team!!! Seriously! Now with all your new stamps you have no reason not too!!!
New windows? cool. I don't have a problem keeping mine clean I just have DH do them.LOL
Hugs Lynn

Unknown said...

Oh this is a gorgeous creation Terry, love the stamp and the colours, you even managed to turn primary colours into something vintage! Have a great weekend, hugs, Ira

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Wow GF, love what you did with the AO sets, can't wait to see you have more time to play. ...and on another note....you do windows? lol

Chrissy D said...

Terry, these are two beautiful cards - love the background techniques you designed! Wonderful work with the Bloggers Challenge!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Beautiful card,Terry! Cindy's
card is beautiful too.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Marjie Kemper said...

THis is so pretty, Terry! Love how the sentiment pops in red and the buttons are definitely a great accent. So glad to hear the magnet made it to its new home - I bet he adores it!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

what,,,,you WON again...and six sets at that....you lucky girl you ...and such a lovely card too!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Terry! Such a sweet image! Wonderfully done! :D

Ida said...

Love your card. So many great details. Congrats on winning those stamps. How fun! Your friend's card was beautiful too.

My apologies for the late commenting. I have been ill this past week.
Thanks for joining the BC Button Challenge.

SmilynStef said...

Love how you combined those stamps ... thanks for joining our primary color challenge at Gingersnap Creations.

1CardCreator said...

Wow Terry this is gorgeous, amazing how you muted those beautiful bright primary colors, they look fabulous! So glad you have your windows in, you will love the energy savings for sure! So sweet of Cindy to send you the lovely card.

Blog Archive