Friday, September 30, 2011

Lucy's Online Mould Class!

Since I came across Lucy's True Colours blog, I have been an admirer of her unique work and art creations!  Not at all that there aren't a ton of fabby blogs and artists, but Lucy just does some incredible projects that really capture my interest!  Every once in awhile, after drooling over a new project, I would mention to her about teaching a class.  I believe I was not alone and so now Lucy is offering very reasonable priced online classes.  If interested really check it out, but first stroll through her blog and you will know why I wanted classes!!   Nest there will be a class using tissue paper techniques!  So fun!!!
The Moulded Subjects
The Clay Moulded Pieces
The Finished Pieces
Products Used to Color
The first in the series is mould making and I will admit that I was afraid to start!  Why, I don't know!  Now please keep in mind that the pictures are not the best quality, because there is quite a bit of reflective materials used and this is my very first attempt at making moulds, playing with clay and coloring.  The colors IRL are darker and do look nicer.  I really had a blast and can't wait until I actually perfect a skill at this fun craft!  All but the second cameo (copper/green) were colored prior to baking.  These were just done for fun and practice, so not sure how I will use them.  I also bought some moulds, but how interesting to look at object you like and then make a mould of them!!  Thank you Lucy for such a fun and informative class!

Speaking of classes, Cindy of Whimsical Musings, is offering a free online seminar for us bloggers, "Blogging 101."  Cindy is always generous with her time and shares all of our talents with so many other lovely bloggers!  Now she is sharing some tips and ideas for blogging, so stop by Cindy's!

25 comments:

Jingle said...

Oh, how FUN!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

These molds are wonderful! I have that stuff and have never used it. Yours look awesome!

Brenda Brown said...

Oh wow, wow, wow, you have done a superb job of these Terry. All your pieces look as though they have been made with tender loving care and will wonderfully adorn any piece of art work.
Thank you so much for adding my blog button. Making the button itself was easy. I just used one of my photos and added the writing and re-sized it in Photoshop Elements. It was getting the html code right that took me ages. Lots of research but I got there in the end.
If you need any help making one email me.
Have a great day.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Unknown said...

Aren't these amazing! I have a friend who's made such moulds, too, and they're really lovely to make (but to my shame I've never tried this before). Love your pieces Terry, they look exquisite and very special!! Have a great weekend, hugs, Ira

Art From The heart said...

Wow !
These came out great,looks like fun.
Thanks for your nice comment. Stop back,just posted the give-away.
Hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, great stuff. I love playing with moulds, too! Valerie

Anonymous said...

Wow they are all beautiful. What a great job you did Terry
pop by my Dezinaworld blog today if you get chance and grab the french freebies i have there.
I hope you have a lovely weekend
hugs June

Lynn Stevens said...

They look awesome Terry, I've made molds before such FUN and you will find Lots of uses for your beauties!!
have a great weekend
Hugs Lynn

Chris Arlington said...

Terry these are great! I agree that first step is sometimes so difficult and why???
Chris xo

Meggymay said...

Wow, these look great, sounds like it was fun as well. Yvonne x

Cindy Adkins said...

WOW, these molds are amazing, Terry!!! And thank you so much for letting people know about my class--I hope it helps alot of people!!
XO
Cindy

Cindy Adkins said...

P.S. You and I have so many backlinks to each other, we must drive Google crazy! LOL

Debi said...

Very cool Terry makes me want to have a go x debi x

Anonymous said...

Terry
You have done a wonderful job creating your moulds.
Isn't creating all about trying something new and having fun and also sometimes taking that step into unknown territory.
I am sure we will see more of your moulds in the future.
Wishes
Lynne

PetraB said...

You did a fantastic job, it all looks fantastic. Lucy's class is also on my to do list!

Netty said...

These are terrific Terry and especially love the cameo's; girlfriend you are having such fun... enjoy the weekend, xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, Terry, your moulds are fabulous, fantastic work.

Michele said...

Terry! your moulds are genius! well done. i've been thinking about doing Lucy's tissue paper class and now i am doubly inspired. thanks forsharing. xoo

Sharon said...

These are greast Terry!! What a great lot of embellishments you will have for your creations!!

Unknown said...

Those are amazing. How fun to get to add those to you projects.. They look wonderful my friend..

Hugs, Linda

1CardCreator said...

These are awesome Terry! I adore your cameo's and the gear and owl are equally awesome! What a fun technique to learn.

Gerri Herbst said...

dear Terry,
Spectacular molding techniques and creations.
Just love them.
take care, gerri

Lisa Somerville said...

How cool - love your mold and pour pieces!

Alexa said...

Great embellishments - looking forward to seeing them on your work!

Lisa said...

I was wondering what you meant by making molds and now I know! I bought some product to make them but just haven't gotten to it yet. Great inspiration -- I like the pieces you made. Hope you're doing well...I've got one more trip coming up out of town and hopefully I can settle in again. LoL

Blog Archive