Friday, July 31, 2015

Tim's July Tag of 2015

Happy Friday to all of you! I just made it in time to join in Tim's July tag of 2015 and this may be the first time I have slid in on the last day! Honestly, I have just not had time and it takes so much to motivate me lately, but I did it!!!
I will not bore you with all the details as he does a really good job of that! Here are the Distress Markers I used and blue print stamps. Pumice Stone was used for the shading on the image. I cut my paper from the Destinations stash and the Distress Inks I used for the final watercolor shading are Peeled Paint and Brushed Corduroy.
Now years ago I purchased a product from Judikins called Micro Glaze and I have it somewhere, but have no idea where and figured my local stores would not have Tim's version, so I improvised. Yup, I used regular Vaseline and pounced in on with my finger and then placed a paper towel over to lift off the excess. After I was done watercoloring, I rubbed off any excess. Hey you got to do what you got to do at times to play along!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

17 comments:

Mary Elizabeth said...

Yep -- you gotta do what you gotta do! You made me smile Terry. Great take on Tim's July tag. Love the travel theme. It seriously has me dreaming of a vacation :) -- Mary Elizabeth

Paula Cheney said...

Love your Travel theme take on Tim's tag! Great coloring and embellishments too!

Sharon said...

Love this tag!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your tag, great idea with the vaseline too! Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Had a good smile when I read your first sentence Terry. A fantastic travel tag.
Yvonne xx

Pam said...

Fun tag Terry! Will have to look at Tim's tutorial, don't know what your vaseline technique is! :)

A Pink said...

Such a fabulous take on Tims tag ! Terry I love your choice of blueprints and the subtleness of your colour palette . Great improvisation using vaseline in place of the Micro glaze - a sign that ya a 'real' crafter . So pleased ya made it in time as imho its winner worthy . x

Vada said...

OH..yes I remember the "Old"' Vaseline trick! Smart Move! Glad to see you did get a tag in for Tim's Tags this month. I was getting worried that you wouldn't make it.... We are looking at Homes in Green Bay..
Have a Great Weekend.
Vada

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE your take in the wee hours of July 31st...lol! LOVE the way you colored the images!!!

Candy C said...

Hi Terry! I think I posted something on Facebook about this but I wanted to hop by your blog and leave a comment as well. I really love your take on Tim's July tag. Love the coloring and the blueprint stamps you chose to use. I also love the little touches of ideology that you added to the tag. Your artwork is always so nicely done… Fresh and clean and different. Love it!!!

Deb said...

Love your take on Tim's tag Terry, wonderful colour palette and love the blueprint stamps you used. Vaseline was a great idea to protect your stamps, I used bees wax on mine but the Vaseline probably would have worked much better! Deb xo

Caty said...

Lovely tag Terry !! The stamps are fabulous and the colours too, love them! ig hugs. Caty

cheryl said...

know exactly what you mean hun,but this is simply stunning,the detail is as awesome as ever hun hugs Cherylxxx

Anonymous said...

You selected the most perfect colours and tones as there is a lovely subtle quality but at the same time they somehow bring to mind canvas bags and leather cases and also desert lands and the ocean. A fabulous tag.
Wishes
Lynne

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful tag- I have not seen his tag- love the layout and your tip with Vaseline- awesome- way to improvise!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Love your brilliant travel take on the July tag - such a lovely warm glow to the colours. Fab tip with the Vaseline - clever you!
Alison xx

Mrs.B said...

Know what you mean about lack of time - but you have still done a fabulous take on Tims tag. Love your travel images and colours. Thanks for the tip with the Vaseline, will give it a try' just can't get the real stuff.
Avril xx

Blog Archive