Friday, February 6, 2015

Central Park Skate Emporium

Good Friday to you all and thank you for stopping by for my little skate party! The Skate Emporium stamp set from Artistic Outpost, reminds me of my days in Upstate New York. Now that is talking about cold and snow and tons of it. One year my Dad picked me up from work. I was about 16/17 and he had also picked up my half-brother from the train station. On the attempted way home, we got stuck in the worse snow storm and the car was on the side of the road in a snow drift. It was terrible and we had a good 1/2 hour drive to make it home. Well that was not going to happen and we all sat in the car for awhile and then a huge snowplow truck came towards us and honestly we thought that was it. He missed us, but sadly did not see us! So my Dad decides that his cousin was not too far away and we better walk. Oh I kid you not, it got to the point where I could go no further. I was so cold and so weak and my poor Dad thought I was going to die and he carried me the rest of the way through waist high snow and I am not exaggerating. We ended up spending the entire weekend at relatives house and as scary as that night was, it became one of those talked about and fond memories. So now onto my tag!
Using a jumbo tag, as I wanted to get all of these goodies without cramping their style, I stamped the snowflake using VersaMark and clear embossed. My inky colors of choice were Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs, Vintage Photo and then splattered on some white paint. Ironed off the EP and then shaded in Walnut Stain, Black Soot and then distressed the edges.
These two are just so sweet and were stamped in Black Archival and water colored using Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose and then inked over with Antique Linen and of course fussy cut! The background skating ring was stamped in Black Archival and I inked over the skyline portion using Gathered Twigs.
Finally the ticket was cut and stamped as the tag background and then the Advertisement was stamped in Black Archival and clear embossed for a raised effect. Added a few stars and a little bow to finish.
With the start of February, the new "Show Us Your AO Art" challenge is in full swing and remember you can win a store gift card! Hope you enjoyed my rather long story and have a lovely weekend!


15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic tag! Hugs, Valerie

Sharon said...

An amazing tag Terry! Great stamp set and love the vintage style!

Pamellia said...

Wonderfully vintage Terry! Great use of a fabulous stamp set! Adding this one to my wish list for sure! hugs :)

Words and Pictures said...

Love, love, love this tag, Terry - oh wow - so much vintage goodness going on. It's like a little touch of time travel, plus I can feel the chill of the ice. Wonderful sepia tones, and great use of those new stamps.
Alison xx

Unknown said...

Oh my that was quite the story Terry! How wonderful to read about your dad's love for you, so so sweet! Beautiful rendition of your scary but fond memory! Hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Lovely in total with all the matching parts Terry!
Have a nice weekend, Alie :-)

Redanne said...

Wow, this is a fabulous tag and I am glad you told us your story because your tag fits the story so well. I love all the elements you added, especially the ice skates! Hugs, Anne xx

Meggymay said...

Awesome tag and images. Thank you for sharing your snow memories, it must have been quite scary for you all.
Yvonne xx

Julia Aston said...

Love the browns on this Terry - and those stamps ARE terrific - what great vintage images!

Karin said...

A beautiful memory and what a great tag! Groetjes Karin

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful tag and an even more beautiful and touching story of your sweet Dad. ~Diane

Anonymous said...

Your tag showcases the stamps beautifully with that gorgeous vintage style.
Terry that surely would be a frightening experience but lovely in a way that creating this tag brought the memory back to you.
Wishes
Lynne

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful tag, great vintage feeling.

Sophie said...

WOW!
Ein klasse Tag, wunder-wunderschön.

Jenny Marples said...

A great story to provide super inspiration for this gorgeously devised tag Terry. Jenny x

Blog Archive