Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Merry Christmas!

It certainly is beginning to look a lot like Christmas and I still am not ready! Are you? I did package up gift boxes to send out to family, which will go to the Post Office tomorrow along with Christmas cards and I did manage to wrap my hubby's gifts, but still so much to do. I do hope you are further along than I am and if not, don't stress it! Now before I give you the details on my collaged Christmas tag,  Artist Outpost, ODBD, and NCC are running a "Gift Certicate Special" through December 20th. With every $50 gift certificate purchased, the consumer will be given a $5.00 gift certificate, so it is like the gift that keeps giving! For more details just click the links above. The December "Show Us You AO Art" is now a that middle point, but you still have time to join in! Will enter this at Simon Says Stamp Monday for their "Anything Goes" and Inspiration Journal's "Sing, Sing it Loud."


I don't do very many collages and not sure why, but I am not in my comfort zone putting those together. Yesterday I started working on Tim's December tag and just was not enjoying it, so off in another direction totally. I love the sweet little AO sisters from "Birds of a Feather" and have used them a couple of times for Christmas. So using up some of the spray that was left on the craft mat from the start of Tim's tag, I applied color with the water brush. The remaining colors were applied directing from the ink pads (Festive Berry, Brushed Corduroy, Tattered Rose). Then the little darlings were fussy cut just waiting for their placement. The kraft tag background was inked in Archival Red Geranium from "Ephemera Backgrounds" and this reminded me of Santa's list. The little torn sheet of "O Little Town of Bethlehem" is from ODBD Christmas Paper 2013. This was shaded with leftover ink on my foam applicators. Merry Christmas and the package were stamped and cut from "Christmas Chalk." Next I added some little bits or Rick Rac trim, snowflakes cut and misted with gold and a couple more Tim type goodies. And there you have it!

Hope you are having a wonderful week and thank you so much for stopping by today!

23 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag. Not ready? I haven't really started! Hugs, Valerie

Redanne said...

If it makes you feel any better, I am not nearly ready yet either, I really must start! I love your gorgeous tag, it really is beautiful. Hugs, Anne xx

Meggymay said...

Fantastic collage tag Terry.
Still got loads to do although i have posted the cards.
Yvonne x

Sharon said...

So gorgeous Terry!!! Love the vintage children and the snowflakes are great!

Lady Jane said...

I think your Christmas collage tag works very well. I love the little girls.

Pam said...

Love your festive tag! I'm just about done with all my holiday makings, but I'm known for being last minute! Lol

Michele said...

i adore this wondrous nostalgic tag! i wish you success with everything christmas related and i agree we should try to keep the stress low. i got to the post office today -- long line. and am finishing up christmas cards tonight (i hope). caught myself being grumpy so trying to improve my attitude... have a wonderful weekxo

Shirley said...

Merry Christmas TT and I hope things will get less stressful when you have posted all those parcels. When the day finally arrives just sit back and enjoy it with your family.

Scrolled down and had a mooch at all I have missed and just beautiful comes to mind with them all.

Beautiful tag, so vibrant with stunning colour tones.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Stunning vintage tag...great Christmas feel Terry!
All the best, Alie

Krisha said...

Ok Terry, I'm here.....just what do you want me to tidy up, after I'm finished playing with it......LOL
Thanks for visiting a new, cleaned up Betsy!!
You KNOW I LOVE your work, and this is no exception!

Anonymous said...

Terry this is absolutely gorgeous. A beautiful sense of nostalgia to your tag.
Yesterday evening I completed the final Christmas card. I will be happy not to ink up another Christmas stamp for a wee while!!!
Wishes to you
Lynne

Sophie said...

Liebe Terry, das sieht entzückend aus...
ein wunderschönes Tag mit den beiden kleinen Mädchen,
Und der Hintergrund mit dem Kalenderblatt ist perfekt.
Gefällt mir sehr, sehr gut.

Schöne Advents-Grüße von Sophie

froebelsternchen said...

Beautiful ! Just beautiful!

Unknown said...

That is one supergorgeous tag Terry! Love the beautiful vintage feel of your creation, it has such fabulous details. Enjoy your Christmas preparations, I still have a long long way to go, but no matter what happens, I've confiscated the kitchen next Wednesday ;-) Hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Anonymous said...

Terry
I wanted to say Thank You for the beautiful Christmas card which arrived today. I love that winter scene set against the midnight blue background.
Wishes To You
Lynne

Marjie Kemper said...

What a gorgeous tag, Terry! Love the bright red especially. Wishing you and your honey a wonderful Christmas!

Gaby Bee said...

Gorgeous Christmas tag, Terry!
Warm Christmas wishes to you and yours! Health, Happiness and may all of your dreams come true for 2015!

Hugs, Gaby

Words and Pictures said...

This is a stunning tag, Terry - beautiful use of the stamps, and such a gorgeous warm vintage feel to the whole thing. The collaging is perfect - no worries there.

Hope you're a bit further along the preparation track now, and ready for a bit of rest and relaxation over the festive period!
Alison xx

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such a fabulous mini-collage, so I was really surprised when you said collages are not in your comfort zone! You could've fooled me! This is great and some of my favorite aspects were the variegated ribbon and the rough edges around all of the tag's outer layers. These are little details, but each detail was so fun to see. Thank you for sharing this wonderful project with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Karin said...

Gorgeous tag, love it!
Happy holidays and a creative 2015!
Groetjes Karin x

Pam said...

This is a gorgeous tag, love all the details and design!
Thanks for joining us in the Inspiration Journal monthly challenge!

Jenny Marples said...

Such a fantastic tag Terry. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a creative New Year. Jenny x

Sue from Oregon said...

You may not make many collages, but you sure make lovely ones when you do! Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Journal Sing It! Challenge.
♥ Sue Kment

Blog Archive