Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Thinking of You!

I hope today finds you well and enjoying the ending of summer while join in on the Artistic Outpost Designers Choice Blog Hop.  Today I am sharing a card and tag I created using Artistic Outpost's "Bluebird" stamps and have teamed it up with ODBD "Blooming Garden" paper pad and "Fence" die. Now through August 30th AO, ODBD and NCC have a 20% off "Dog Days Of Summer Super Sale" using code DOGDAYS, so click the links for all the details.  And as always the rest of the team has some great inspiration for you!

Terry * Tracy * Gerrie *  Lisa * Kate * Linda 



Some vanilla card stock was inked lightly with Antique Lines and then the image was colored using Distress markers Vintage Photo and Black Soot, but first I inked up the little cutie with Vintage Photo ink. I wanted to ensure the image would have full coverage. Obviously I inked the text in black. I tore around the stamped edges and then shaded with Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain and Black Soot on the corners mostly.


The background for the sentiment was stamped using Walnut Stain. I used a very neglected Stampin Up punch and punched several layers to build this up. I just liked the shape of this with the sentiment.


Cut and colored some greenery and inked over a paper rose to distress it slightly. Of course I had to make a white picket fence and crackling finished it off nicely. Will be sharing this with Inspiration Journal's "Anything Goes" for their August challenge.


The tag was pretty much done the same, except for the background. I stamped music from the AO "Ephemera Backgrounds" and then inked some color over that. Applied some leftover  torn paper from the card. Did a little more inking and then toned it down with gesso, more inking and some spritz and flicking of water. I then decided to apply a couple of coats of embossing powder.
 

Then it was just layering it all up and adding a few little flowers and everybody was happy! 


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a most enjoyable day. Hope to see you along the Blog Hop and also the August Challenge "Show us your AO Art."

33 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Really beautiful piece, very harmonious. Hugs, Valerie

Astrid Maclean said...

Such a gorgeous card!! I love how you used that boy, I think that set was my very first AO one I got, thanks for the reminder. This is beautifully put together!

Anneke said...

This just looks wonderful. Every thing fits perfectly.
Great sentiment. Thanks for showing I enjoyed it Anneke.

Kate Yetter said...

So beautiful and nostalgic. Lovely card, Terry. I love this image with those dies!

Gaby Bee said...

It is beautiful with color and composition! I love all the wonderful details in your work...as always!
Autumn is just around the corner. Enjoy the last few days of summer my friend!

Hugs,
Gaby

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely projects! love that pussy willow paper - and your wonderful images!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful card and Tag Terry! Love the use of the ODBD papers on the tag, they work wonderfully with the image from the Bluebird plate!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

I'm a bit short timed these days and catching up now. You've created wonderful pieces.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great surroundings for that cute boy!
Greetings, Alie

Sue said...

These are beautiful Terry I love your picket fence, it really sets your card off xx

Pam said...

I like your card and tag, that's such a cute image!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

What a great piece, love how you showcased that stamp!

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous card and tag Terry, love the design and images
Yvonne

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a beautiful pair of pieces. They are absolutely delightful and will really lift someone's spirits. Love the way you used the image (one of my favorites) and the fence just sets everything off to perfection!

Hugs,
Linda

Hettie said...

Gorgeous pieces Terry. I love both. So clever and detailed.
Well done you.
Hugs
xx

Michele said...

this is sooo pretty! i love it Terry! xo

Marjie Kemper said...

What wonderful scenes you've created, Terry! So many neat elements - love the vine coming through the picket fence.

Unknown said...

Love the great rural feel of your creations Terry, these scenes are absolutely splendid! Hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Anonymous said...

That picket fence is perfect teamed with this stamp. There is a lovely feel to both the card and tag and so beautifully stamped.
Wishes
Lynne
This was my first AO set, last year, which I managed to source on E-bay. It was used but that didn't trouble me.

Suzanne C said...

What a beautiful summery card! i love the boy and how you put him by the fence. Just lovely!

Sophie said...

Wunderschön, Terry,
ich bin immer wieder erstaunt, wie man einen Stempel jedesmal wieder anders in Szene setzen kann.
Und das hast du perfekt gemacht :-)

Herzlichst Sophie xx

Sandra said...

Love the card as well as the tag! Such fun summery pieces! Love the crackled fence! Hugs, Sandra

Ink Art Designs said...

Gorgeous makes Terry...I really love the beautiful blue background on the first one - it makes the main image really pop.
Dot x

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am just loving this- the BG looks so cool and the colors work so well together! Loving the fence you added too- lots of fab details!

Karin said...

Two stunning pieces, love it!
Groetjes Karin

Mrs.B said...

Gorgeous card and tag. Love the colours and textures on the background with this lovely image.
Avril xx

cheryl said...

oh hun you always give such great inspiration just love this to bits hun,its shher magic hugs cheryl xxx

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous and I love, love love the blues! ~Diane

Lynn Stevens said...

Hey Terry, Glad your enjoying our last little bit of summer.
What a great card. I've always loved that set. Guess I need to dust it off.
Hugs Lynn

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Terry it's been to long since I have visited, Life is finally getting back to normal,the card and tag are both stunning work, I love the background an how you stamped that image just fantastic design, thanks for sharing, hope you have a wonderful weekend, ((( BIG HUGS )))..

Sharon said...

Fantastic - love the vintage style and colours and images - perfect!

Shirley said...

Yet another stunning make TT with everything on it that a crafter loves.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Jenny Marples said...

Two for the price of one! Terry you're spoiling us. I love the way you've done the background for the tag and how the little boy is able to come through the gap in the picket fence. A great card and tag. Jenny x

Blog Archive