Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Word Is Love!

Here we are with challenge #2 at A Vintage Journey and the theme is "Say It With Words," chosen by Alison! The DT has many fabulous words to share with you, so be sure to stop by and feast your eyes! If you join in and we sure hope you do, remember we are all about being Tim Holtz inspired through his products, techniques and his vintage style! Country View Crafts is our generous sponsor, so come on over and join in our traveling adventures!
Don't you just love this saying from Tim's new "Nature Walk" stamps and the images are to die for! I just thought it would be perfect for my DT challenge project!
I had thought about stamping this saying on some wrinkled and distressed paper and tearing the edges, but then decided the Arch Frame would work quite nicely for the shape.


My Arch and Arch Frame were cut from grunge, embossed, painted with Distress Vintage Photo, inked over with Black Soot, raised areas wiped off lightly and then a light sanding to reveal the paint and part of the grunge paper. I guess you could call this "Painted Grunge." I love the look of this as it has kind of a leather appeal!
I used the Movers and Shapers Arch piece to cut another outer frame, which was painted using Antiqued Bronze Metallic paint, crackled, distressed with Black Soot and then cut away the outer perforated area.
Next was to take some plain card stock, stencil, ink and distress, stamp the sentiment in Black Archival. I had actually cut a duplicate frame from copy paper to know where to center my stamp! Sorry, I can't guess in such a tight squeeze!

Added some embossed, highlighted and shaded Movers and Shapers with a couple of gears and rusted out a pen nib with paint and clear embossing powder.
Now onto the winner of my Blog Candy, "The Compendium of Curiosities III," which will be signed and shipped directly to you from Tim via Mario is SANDRA, who is feeling lucky on her blog this week. WooHoo to you!
 
Congratulations Sandra and please contact me by the 23rd, so I have your current address. A big thank you to all of you who joined in my giveaway and also shared with others. Well I thank you so much for stopping by today and riding along! Enjoy!

36 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the double arch with the sentiment popping thru, and the gear and letters. And- congrats to your lucky candy winner!

Michele said...

oh my goodness how truly lovely! ornate and delightful. xo

Candy C said...

Terry...your arched piece is so pretty! I love the embossed background peeking through what looks like a leather arch. Love the colors! That new sentiment is perfect inside of the sized arch! I'd not thought of that! Love your "LOVE" themed piece! <3 Candy

Sandra said...

Ohh wow what a pretty card! Love the arch! The pen nip is such a great touch! And of course thank you so much for picking my name! I'm so thrilled! Can't believe it! You've made my day! I'm so lucky! Hugs, Sandra

Valerie-Jael said...

This is so pretty, and the arch gives it a lot of character. Great colours, too. Hugs, Valerie

PetraB said...

Love the arch and the texture of your piece.

Unknown said...

This is a stunning project Terry! The composition is fabulous as is your choice of words - beautiful! Chris xxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning Terry, love how you interpreted this wonderful challenge! The double arch looks fantastic Love how the sentiment fits so perfectly inside it! And I really, really like how you finished it with the type charms!!

Pam said...

Love your embossed arch frame Terry! Congrats to your blog candy winner!!

Annie said...

A gorgeous Make Terry. Love the arch frame and fabulous embossing. I love that sentiment too

TFS and congratulations to Sandra

Hugs Annie x

1CardCreator said...

Stunning Terry, love that arch frame, you have featured it so beautifully! ~Diane

Meggymay said...

Awesome piece Terry, love the arch framing the lovely quote,
Yvonne

Jennie Atkinson said...

I just love your amazing arch Terry - the colours work so well together and what fabulous textures you have created. Just an amazing piece! Jennie x

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness girly. I LOVE this. But I really do love all your creative work.

Hugs~

Redanne said...

Wow Terry, this is gorgeous, I love how the arch fits that beautiful sentiment so well and the word 'love' is a perfect finishing touch. The treatment you gave to the arch is amazing and I love the pen nib too. Hugs, Anne xx

wwilloww said...

Beautiful piece Terry!!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a fabulous piece of art. Great layers and texture. Congrats do Sannie.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful texture and great use of embellishments and I like the way the sentiment is so dominant.
Congratulations to the winner, lucky thing!
Wishes
Lynne

Words and Pictures said...

It's a quote I've loved for years (it's Jean Jacques Rousseau btw) so I was thrilled to see it turn up on the latest sentiment stamps set - and I love what you've done with it here, Terry! The sense of antiquity on your fabulously textured arch, and the rusty pen nib are so cool... and the type charms finish it beautifully! Wow!
Alison xx
Oh, and congratulations to lucky Sandra! x

Unknown said...

I can't say anymore that hasn't been said, but I wanted you to know I popped by and I LOVE this!! The typewriter charms are one of my fav things :)

S@ndy Diller said...

So nicely done Terry, I always enjoy your work and have your blog on my blog list. Tim would like this one done in "browns".

Unknown said...

Your double arched card looks wonderful Terry, love the embossed parts and how you embellished the whole, so pretty! And congrats to Sandra, she must be so thrilled! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Brenda Brown said...

I just adore the arched frame you have created for this brilliant quote Terry, the texture, cash keys and wonderfully vintaged colours have created an amazing piece of art. Xx

Karin said...

wow gorgeous project and I love the word love on your tag!
have a great weekend! Groetjes Karin

Inkypinkycraft said...

A gorgeous piece, love allthos wonderful and textured details that set off the fab sentiment perfectly! A gorgeous make x hugs x

Martina said...

Wow - this is very impressive.
Stunning work, Terry!

barbarayaya62 said...

THanks for sharing your wonderful tutorial!!!! Your progect is amazing, love the technique you' ve used! BArbarayaya

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Awesome tutorial and I love the effect! I hope you are doing well m'dear -- the SNOW is melting here but still quite chilly...took the girls out to try and play this afternoon for a bit.

HUGS PEA FRIEND!

Shirley said...

Fabulous TT and I think this is going to be one of my fave quotes of all time. A beautiful inspirational piece for all to see.

Congrats to Sandra x x

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Netty said...

Am not sure how I missed this fab card Terry and love the pen nib. Annette x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Oh Terry! This is fabulous! Love the embossing shrine, and the LOVE letters look perfect!

Marjie Kemper said...

Huzzah! Love what you did with the arch die and the sweet bubble letters spelling out LOVE. Gorgeous!

cheryl said...

Oh hun your work is amazing you always inspire me hun and this is fantastic the detail is amazing love how you have done the tutorial and how you did the arch. Love love it hugs cheryl xx

Hettie said...

Wow Terry. This is absolutely fabulous and I just love the techniques and how to you have shown us.
Brilliant.
Hugs
xx

Lynn Stevens said...

I LOVE this Terry, it looks like tooled leather.
Bravo
Hugs Lynn

Jenny Marples said...

Oh so good Terry. Love that embossed/painted frame! Jenny x

Blog Archive