Saturday, September 22, 2012

Alter It at FSC!

It is always such great fun to alter an item and that is exactly what we are doing at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!  Just remember that your alteration must have some form of stamping as we are a stamping challenge blog!  There is always a prize from Cottage Crafts, you could be among the "Top 3" or be under the "Spotlight,"  so come on by and join in all the great fun!  My most talented DT Sisters have some really amazing projects, so stop on by FSC for more fabulous alteration ideas! 

For my piece, I used a clay pot and covered it with white gesso.  From there, I added Distress Stains and blended with a paint brush.  Once I like the colors, I gave this a light spray with a sealer.  A coat of Mod Podge went over the top and then some white tissue paper.  Once dried, I used up some colors on my Distress Ink applicators to add a little extra color!  Another quick spray with a sealer and then a coat of Mod Podge.  The leaves from Heartfelt Creations were stamped with Archival Coffee onto some painted/inked card stash and clear embossed.  Love when you can use up scraps!  I cut these out and glued them down with MP and then covered the entire pot with a few coats of MP.  
After all was done, I needed to add little embellishments and had a hard time deciding.  Then I remember a lovely little box of goodies, my sweet friend, Vada, had sent to me!  The little Fall colored Maple leaves, I thought were just perfect!  Thank you, Vada!   BTW, if you don't know Vada, you should visit her, because she is one amazing artist! 

Enjoy the weekend and again your visits are deeply appreciated. 



28 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Now this is one fabulous altered pot my friend and perfect for our weather at the moment haha. I love the stamped and coloured leaves, I am sure it will look perfect with a plant in it.
Happy Sunday.
hugs {brenda} xox

Unknown said...

I really enjoy this pot my friend. Perfect for the fall season.

Hugs~

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Terry,
What a gorgeous pot! A great gift idea. Love the colours and effects with the tissue paper Terry...and thanks Terry for such clear instructions.
I hope you are enjoying your weekend
Dot x

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Terry! You always make the neatest things. What a great pot. A lovely give idea, so very personalized. Hope all is well. Yvonne

Claire said...

Beautiful work Terry, love the effect you've created for the background and what a great use of those scraps too. The sparkly leaves are the perfect finishing touch
Claire xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece, Terry, great idea to alter a pot, it looks so pretty now! Valerie

Sharon said...

A gorgeous altered pot Terry!! Well done it looks great!

Unknown said...

A fabulously altered autumn pot Terry, how wonderful this would look with new york asters inside!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Janny Jager said...

Very very beautiful Terry
Love the colors

Greetings Janny

Janny Jager said...

Very very beautiful Terry
Love the colors

Greetings Janny

Anonymous said...

HI Terry
This is what they talk about when they saying "bringing the outdoors, indoors". Stunning, Autumnal inspired altered art and the leaves were a fabulous addition.
Wishes
Lynne

Vada said...

Oh Wow Terry!! Your work is outstanding! I also love your candles. Don't you just love fall...
Hugs Vada

Art From The heart said...

What a terrific altered pot. Love what you've done !
Hugs

Words and Pictures said...

What a beautiful altered pot - gorgeous colours and patina!
Alison x

Fliss said...

Ooooh! Love this idea Terry - the colours are gorgeous and your leaf decoration looks just fabulous.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Terry, What a great pot, and you have given it such texture. The embossed leaves look stunning, there's a gorgeous sheen to them, must be the MP!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Avril xx

Marjie Kemper said...

What a beautiful pot! Love how you added the colored leaves and embellies from Vada. Lovely!

Netty said...

Beautiful alteration Terry, loving your pot transformation, xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous altered pot Terry ! I'm sure this will take pride of place in your home. Sue C x

Meggymay said...

Oh my, what a transformation, it looks fantastic.
Yvonne x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A great idea, your altered pot looks fabulous, perfect for this season.

Karin said...

wow this is beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love this altered flower pot!!!! looks gorgeous!!!!

Sandra's Spot said...

Fabulous idea and so beautifully decorated. Love it. Hugs Sandra X

Sandra said...

this is so much fun! you're so creative! Love it very much! Hugs, Sandra

Ellie Knol said...

You really made it to be an artsy pot!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a gorgeous alteration Terry!

greetings, Alie :-)

Ephemera said...

Hi Terry, sooooooo sorry. I am very late in commenting. This altered pot is gorgeous and such a different and unique idea. Love the rich autumn colours and scrum my leaves. XX

Blog Archive