Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It's All About Words at Frilly and Funkie!

The Funkie side is now having their say at Frilly and Funkie for the "I'll Take Your Word For It" challenge.  Use some of those amazing words of wisdom, encouragement, comfort, humor or support, that we all have in our stash, for the focal point in this challenge!  For more ideas and inspiration from both the Frilly and Funkie DT, click HERE.  There will be a random draw for a $15 gift certificate to The Funkie Junkie's Boutique and a favorite pick from the DT to proudly display a "Winners" badge, so come on and join in on some great fun and vintage inspiration!
Cut the ATC from grunge paper and chipboard and then used the Mini Labels movers and shapers to cut the frame for my sentiment.  Applied Rock Candy Crackle to the grunge paper, let dry and then colored with Distress Stains using Tim's Shattered Stains technique from the new CC#2.  The metal corners will colored with Alcohol Inks and then I sanded the raised areas.  That awesome Key was also colored with Alcohol Inks, but I used a paint brush to control where I wanted color.  The two background layers were run through the Big Shot using the Damask embossing folder and then highlighted for extra texture.  For the top tag layer, I applied the tissue wrap using two way adhesive sheets, cut with tag die and trimmed 1/8" all the way around.  The tissue wrap was inked, added some crackled areas and did the Spritz and Flick technique as well.  All edges were distressed.

This tag is also being linked up to Shar's new blogozine, Unruly  PaperArts for the Reader Art Quest 2 challenge, Gingersnap Creations GC144 Copper, Ginger or Rust, Lisa's Bloggers Challenge To Die For, Sizzix and Simon Says Stamp and Show a Lord Tim Technique.

Just to let you know that Distress Stains are on sale for $3.40 through Thursday.  Each Friday a new product will be discounted for the entire week for "Friday Focus."  Linda is currently offering a 50% reduction in shipping costs for orders over $75.00 and that is in effect until April 30th.  New items are continually added, which are priced below MSRP, so visit the Boutique often!
Well I have been working on getting my stamps in order, especially the Tim Collection.  Making covers with stamps and inserting it into the plastic sleeves (front and back) 3 ring binders, so I know what I have and where!  The stamp sets I place inside of plastic sheet protectors.  It is nothing fancy, but I have wanted to do this for a long time now.  What do you think?  Thank you for stopping by today and I sure hope you are having a lovely week with a little bit of creativity!





Distress Inks: Vintage Photo, Rusty Hinge
VersaMark Clear Emboss Ink
Clear Emboss Powder
Distress Stains: Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose, Old Paper, Tea Dye, Pumice Stone
Alcohol Ink:  Rust, Espresso, Blending solution
Archival Ink:  Coffee

44 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Wow, wow, wow Terry, what a truly amazing tag you have created here. Such a feast for the eyes with all the distressing and that frame for the quote is perfect. Love the corners and key too to finish it off. Superb my friend.
Storage for stamps is a bit of a problem for me too, love how you have created these covers.
Have a great day - of course it's mid morning here.
hugs {brenda} xox

Pam said...

What a neat tag, great colors and texture! And just love your stamp storage cover! What a great way to stamp all the images, in a collage!!

Margreet said...

This is brilliant, Terry...a real candy for the eyes!
xxx Margreet

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely tag! Valerie

Vada said...

I go along with Brenda!!! Totaly Amazing!!! Outstanding Tag!
Hugs Vada

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is so cool, Terry. Your vintage color palette has so much appeal to me and I really love the way you used the alcohol inks, especially along the edge of the tissue paper. Those metal corners are terrific too! And what a wonderful stamp storage system you have designed. Tip top work all the way!

Hugs,
Linda

Jingle said...

I absolutely LOVE this tag! It is perfect in so many ways! Fabulous work!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous Terry! I love all the texture you created in this, looks totally awesome!

Carol W. said...

Beautiful tag Terry love all the details and the distressing. Great organizational idea for your stamps!

Sandra said...

Very cool tag! Love the look and feel! That crackle paint on the center piece, and those corners. And that key is also amazing!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous Terry, love how you have used an ATC and then cut a frame inside for the sentiment and the corners add the perfect touch. Love the embossing and your use of Alcohol inks, a fabulous creative piece. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Netty said...

wow its a fab tag Terry and the piece in the middle looks like leather, how fabby this is. Annette x

Cgra said...

This is such a great piece! I love everything about it - nice job!

Anonymous said...

Terry
I could sit and study this for an absolute age. Fabulous distressed appearance with so much interest, love that key.
As for your stamps - you are too well organised my friend!!!!!
Wishes
Lynne

Shelly Schmidt said...

OMG look at all you have posted here- Fabulous and wonderful- and love the cover of your indexing stamps......WOW!!! Love all of the details.....

Marjie Kemper said...

Terry, I love your tag and your binder covers. The tag is so yummy with all those layers of brown goodness. I didn't recognize your sentiment frame as an ATC... clever using it that way! I think my favorite part of this is how you've controlled the color on the key. That is really awesome! So glad to be with you @ F&F and switching hats... thanks for playing with us at Unruly Paper Arts!

Unknown said...

Fantástico!!!

Sherry said...

Your tag is fab Terry! Great idea with all your stamps too - I really should get mine in some sort of order.

Hope you had a lovely Easter xx

Tammy said...

Terry!!
Awesome job!!! You are very gifted!! I love all of the details that weren't spared! The color combo, the words and the acourtrements:) Thank you for sharing and for allowing me to glean from you!!! be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

Anonymous said...

Wow Terry your tag is stunning ! I love the way you've created the frame for your sentiment and the key is just perfect ! (need to get me one of those!) Your stamp binders are fab too ! I've made a couple but need loads more ! Sue C x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This is so fabulous Terry! I love the leather look frame...wow! The background is wonderful and the key decor at the tag hole was brilliant!!! So uber cool Terry!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Terry, amazing details for this great tag!

greetings, Alie :-)

Donna Ellis said...

What lovely artwork and beautiful hardware. You've captured the feel beautifully! TFS

Unknown said...

I am in LOVE with this tag. WOW!! I just love the texture. It really looks like leather!! And what a great challenge.. You rocked it my friend.

Hugs, Linda

Lisa Somerville said...

Fun and Funky ATC - love all the added texture and embellies! Fab inserts for your stamps! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Sandy said...

Yikes!!!! I have so much to learn and try and I want you to know that your tag is drop dead gorgeous. I love it. Love at first sight for sure!!
Sandy

Michele said...

Terry you are simply amazing. I want to take a class from you. such fabulous, detailed, creative, exciting work. xo

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, Terry, this tag is breathtaking. Love every detail on it.

Maria Ontiveros said...

An amazing creation today! I love the colors.
Rinda

Laura said...

A truly wonderful tag. All the elements work so well together. Just perfect.

Anonymous said...

That is one amazing tag! I love the antique look! Totally amazing, Terry!

Thanks for questing with us at UPA!

Don't forget to come back and vote for your favorite entry on the 16th!

Gerri Herbst said...

What a truly fabulous tag!The colors and dimensions are wonderful. Just adore it! take care, gerri

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun,this is fantastic your detail Hun is just amazing love love this to bits,stunning detail my friend,,bless you too sweetie for all the lovely kind comments,you have left on my blog Hun really appreciate,it so much hugs Cherylxxxx

Unknown said...

Oh Terry, WOW WOW WOW!!!! I think you may just have outdone yourself with this OUTSTANDINGLY beautiful tag!! Goodness girl, this is over the top gorgeous!! Ira

Lynn Stevens said...

What a fabulous tag Terry. At first glance I thought the ATC part was made from leather until I read on.
You've been a busy gal getting all those stamps stored. No small task!
Hugs Lynn

Jan Hennings said...

WOW! Love...love this, Terry :)

Heidi said...

Terry, This is gorgeous!

Christine said...

Love your tag! The ATC part looks like leather--gorgeous!!! I like your idea of applying the stamps onto the covers for the binders. I'll be stealing that idea!!!

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Absolutely gorgeous ATC. Such great texture and detail

Lucy Edmondson said...

This tag is fantastic! I love how you have made index label, it is SO effective,

Lucy x

Unknown said...

Hi Terry Thank you for your sweet comment, I am feeling a little better today, sat at my computer in my dressing gown., having spent four days in bed, coughing like an old man.
I have missed seeing everyone’s creations and am now up to a bit of commenting…… so here goes.

WOW you have been crating whilst I have been away , what wonderful work , wow I am stunned. This is lovely and your others ARE ALSO... well done Hugs Elaine

Sue said...

This is absolutely beautiful Terry, the leather look is amazing x

A Magical Whimsy said...

Thank you for coming to follow my blog. I love what you are creating!
hugs,
Teresa in California

Ephemera said...

Hi Terry, how did I miss this!! Tis gorgeous and so deserving of featuring as a Ginger Gem. I love the vintage effect, perfectly aged and distressed, the framed quote is superb. Congratulations a very worthy winner. XX

Blog Archive